PDA

View Full Version : Hello, i am a newbie

Edwin
20-11-07, 09:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I am Edwin, I live in Apeldoorn(netherlands) I am 35 and started racing Opel/vauxhall from the age of 20. The last 7 years(until last april) with a full spec nova mk1 XE. Did lots of trackdays on the mainland and the UK. have been dutch slalom champion in 2003 with a nova gsi mk1 in the road class.
After my last trackday in Spa(belgium), my love for the nova hit an all time low point! At this one day during event, my breaks and tyres went up in smoke! brake pads and diskes, gone and slicks, gone. 500 euro for the brakes and 1250 euro for the tyres.
As angry as a was, i dicided to sell the car!:cry:
A few weeks ago, a found out that the pasion is :)still there!!

SO!!!! yep! I bouth a nova,, again!
As of last week, i am the proude owner of a mk1 gsi from '90
already orderd parts to prepair the car for next slalom championship in 2008.
Thank you all, form letting my in!

For thoose how want to learn more about Dutch slalom, Can see a movie on youtube! "slalom at lelystad"

greetings to you all.

Saloony
20-11-07, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the Forum/Club dude. Enjoy your stay.

Will be looking up the dutch slamon soon, sounds good.

paulnova
20-11-07, 09:50 PM
welcome mate :D

Dar
20-11-07, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the forum:thumb:

scott.parker
20-11-07, 10:14 PM
Welcome along mate, sounds good...

Scott

Mike
20-11-07, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the good ship PNG

Lee
20-11-07, 11:14 PM
Welcome along!!

peester
20-11-07, 11:46 PM
yo. So that'll be our GTE then, mk1 GSi??
Swish. 14 posts away mate..

DTR-DEVIL
20-11-07, 11:47 PM
Welcome mate.
Make sure u post some pics up in the Project section! Would like to see ur mk1!

Edwin
21-11-07, 12:11 AM
yo. So that'll be our GTE then, mk1 GSi??
Swish. 14 posts away mate..

Opel used "GTE" until 1984 in the netherlands and germany. After that they use "GSI" In Holland they are easy to find, and are not very exspencive. bought this one for 200 euro. almost in mind condition!

euro sbd
21-11-07, 12:24 AM
sounds nice that mate, welcome

NovaLad
21-11-07, 12:26 AM
Welcome pal.

Steve
21-11-07, 12:29 AM
Welcome to png mate.

Opel used "GTE" until 1984 in the netherlands and germany. After that they use "GSI" In Holland they are easy to find, and are not very exspencive. bought this one for 200 euro. almost in mind condition!
Will have to post up some pics when you've made 15 posts, that sounds to cheap to be in mint condition! :tard:

Riggy
21-11-07, 11:25 AM
welcome matey :thumb:

novait
21-11-07, 01:59 PM
welcome and enjoy...:D

Jack
21-11-07, 02:05 PM
Welcome :)

Nice to see European members joining the forum.

peester
21-11-07, 06:42 PM
200 euro, almost mint.. this i have to see.

Edwin
21-11-07, 09:48 PM
To my it was easy to fix it. My clients are car salesman and car dealers. 4 weeks ago i starded to ask them if they had and old nova on stock. One of them did, and i went over to have a look. The car was standing under a tree and was covered in green. They told me that the car wasn't interesting for them because it was to old. After a close look at the paint, i could see that the green stuff had protected the car. She did not run because the batery was dead. I offert them 200 euro's and the car was mine. 2 hours later i returned with a new batery. She fired up on the first attempt. As i drove back to my work with the nova, i came past a carwash and there they cleaned her with wheelcleaner and a pressure hoose. Al the green stuff came of and she started to shine. The next day she went for the MOT test, and past it with 2 new windscreen whipers.
I have seen the underside of the car and there are no signes of rust. infact, it allmost looks, if she came out of the factory, no tar, and brakelines still shinny and green coated. Pictures will follow after i hit 15 posts.

Edwin
02-02-08, 12:44 AM
well i finaly have made the 15 posts! As promist a few pictures of my nova history

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5517/corsa1ic3.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2042/corsa3ne4.jpg

(http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=corsa1ic3.jpg)

Stoo
02-02-08, 12:48 AM
welcome

Matt2107
02-02-08, 10:43 AM
Welcome... nice car by the way.

meritlover
02-02-08, 10:48 AM
hello Edwin, iam Meritlover

mayhem
02-02-08, 11:43 AM
kijk aan, ik kan nederlands gaan lullen hier :)

slalom in lelystad, dat is t midlandscircuit? gaat een gozer die ik ken ook vaan heen, met zijn manta.

Edwin
02-02-08, 04:56 PM
kijk aan, ik kan nederlands gaan lullen hier :)

slalom in lelystad, dat is t midlandscircuit? gaat een gozer die ik ken ook vaan heen, met zijn manta.

toch maar ff in het engels! wel zo aardig voor de engelse gastheren!

So, you know some one how's doing slalom with a manta in lelystad? I know only two people with a manta at lelystad. First one is kees van rumt, and the otherone is chris pasman. i have not been on lelystad for more then a yaer now. The blue nove was 1 out of 2 nova's i had at that moment. The blue one was fitted with an XE and only drove at lelystad ones. That blue one was a real bitch to drive at slalom. i had a black nova gsi to test al the nead stuff before it went on the blue one. This year i will be back at lelystad with an 4drs nova with a E16SE. The gsi i bought a couple of months ago is dead because a tree was standing in my way!
The 4drs is fitted with the new engine 3 weeks ago. I wanted to make pictures but did not take the time for it! i was in a hurry. Started at 10 in the mornig en she was ready at 6 in the evening. she is not lowerd yet and she looks still standard on the out and inside. There's still a litle dolfin hanging on te rearview mirrorlol
I had some fuelpresure problems, because is was a 1.4 mono point. Problem is solved at this moment by using a fuelpomp from an late 2007 astra. It fits perfect in the fueltank.
Try to make some pictures soon, to keep you all posted.

mayhem
02-02-08, 06:07 PM
lol, let keep it in english :P

kees hesselink has a red manta 400 replica, a white manta 6 cilinder, an ascona 400 RR, and a manscona.

he is there mostly with his dad, who drives a donkervoort with a cih engine

Edwin
03-02-08, 01:39 PM
i found an old foto's of the other nova on the internet! http://wimedo.opelteameefde.com/jpg_IMG_3031.htm

For thoose how want to know, what's slalom is all about then this is nice site!

btw! Kees Hesselink is Kees van rumt! Hesselink is his mothers and his company name. The black nova you see, i got it from him! If you see him! Say hi, from Edwin Vlas will you.

Edwin
03-02-08, 02:20 PM
hello Edwin, iam Meritlover

Hello Meritlover,

Location pakistan???? what kind of model is an "Merit"?

mayhem
03-02-08, 04:39 PM
i found an old foto's of the other nova on the internet! http://wimedo.opelteameefde.com/jpg_IMG_3031.htm

For thoose how want to know, what's slalom is all about then this is nice site!

btw! Kees Hesselink is Kees van rumt! Hesselink is his mothers and his company name. The black nova you see, i got it from him! If you see him! Say hi, from Edwin Vlas will you.

will do, he lives 3km away from me, few times a week he comes by in oure garage

CP
03-02-08, 07:40 PM
lol its a small world. The further away from home you go, the more likely you are to bump into a neighbour!

Edwin
22-02-08, 11:07 PM
Some one on the internet send me a video from me and my previeus nova.:thumb:
Qwallity is not great but didn't want to keep in for my selflol

http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spaaugustus2006corsainsbn6.flv