PDA

View Full Version : More/better/clearer sound quality??

NovaLad
20-11-07, 04:46 PM
What's the best way for me to get more sound quality...

I allready have the front and rear standard 10cm speakers in + a sub with attched amp running but i want more quality of sound with my music and much more clear.

What's the best way to go about this??

Adam
20-11-07, 05:09 PM
Front components/tweeters
Rear co-axials(6" probably)
And a nice sub/amp in the boot.
Oh, and decent HU too.

NovaLad
20-11-07, 05:12 PM
Are 6x9's no good then for the rear??
And do you mean put them on the shelf?

Does any1 have a diagram of how to wire up some speakers in the rear with or without amp...

Adam
20-11-07, 05:14 PM
6x9s yes if you dont have/want a sub.
The sub will take care of the bass, and then the coaxials will cover other sound frequencies. Whereas 6x9s do a bit of everything.

NovaLad
20-11-07, 05:17 PM
Well i have a sub and amp wired up as said in 1st post but the amp just runs the sub.

I definitly don't need more bass atm so would the round ones be more appropriate or should i just go for 6x9's anyway?

And as said how does this lot wire up?(diagram if poss)

Adam
20-11-07, 05:20 PM
Well, your headunit should have 4x2 outputs, so you can run two sets of speakers off it.
If you have a sub, id just go for some 6" co axials in the rear, and components in the front. Maybe run the components off a small amp to get the best from them.

NovaLad
20-11-07, 05:24 PM
Are 6inch the biggest ya can fit in the shelf?

Adam
20-11-07, 05:25 PM
No
Best making custom holders tbh, in the rear door cards or something.

NovaLad
20-11-07, 05:26 PM
Should i just leave the standard speakers running as they are ATM as well or will they blow lol.

Adam
20-11-07, 05:29 PM
Up to you really, personal choice.

I have one working speaker in my car lol

NovaLad
20-11-07, 05:31 PM
HAHA!! i have been thinking of just leaving them in till they go then replacing with better ones.

Thanks for the info

Jack
21-11-07, 10:58 AM
Whats your budget?

I was going for a "cheap" system in the Novarr and already looking to spend >?300 - that includes buying a few cheap second hand items off ebay! lol

Welsh Dan
21-11-07, 11:12 AM
I replaced my rear speakers with some 10cm pioneer coaxials, and fitted some 13cm pioneer coaxials in the doors, for a combined cost of about ?60, and they're much better than standard.

However, I now want an amp and some components in the doors.

hughesthelegend
24-11-07, 11:00 AM
i would firstly set yourself up with a decent heasd unit mate 1st priority as you can have speakers all day long but if your head unit aint up to par its gonna sound rubbish, the better watt the head unit the better. mines a 4x54w so its more than capable of sorting out the speakers, i usually go for tweeters and components in the front and 6x9s in the shelf and possibly components in the rear cards, i just got one amp to power my sub but keep it low so not too much bass. fade your sounds to the front more so than the back so when its up loud the clearer it will sound with powerful 6x9s and a sub backing up the fronts, if you got a graphic equalizer on your headunit put the high and low frequency to 125hz and run no bass through the speakers, keep treble a few notches higher than your mid that way it will balance out when you turn it up loud. hope that helps you out mate altough its everyones choice for themselves.

burgo
24-11-07, 11:41 AM
imo if you are after decent sound quality your gonna want a small 2x50watt amp to run a set of components and tweeters through a crossover for the front, and some 6" speakers through the head unit for the back then a 10/12" sub and amp. plus have it set up properly

NovaLad
24-11-07, 01:06 PM
How do i find out what power my head unit is? Then i can work from their.

hughesthelegend
26-11-07, 08:51 PM
it should be written on there somewhere on the back or on the front, i usually dont amp speakers just the sub but i have a graphic equalizer which i can mess about with. try and find your head unit power mate.

Jack
27-11-07, 08:52 AM
Make & model of head unit?

jof2k8
08-01-08, 04:58 PM
hi, in my car im using a custom parcelshelf holding a pair of 6+9s with built in crossover for the tweeter and in the standard speaker holes iv put sum 10cm midrange and a 12" sub in the boot with a custom install, but with that the sound was not centred in the car so i then built sum custom door speaker build with fusion components running off a pair of crossovers mounted in the rear. hopes this gives you sum ideas, hoping to get pictures on here soon

NovaLad
08-01-08, 05:00 PM
Reet noticed today that my left side front speaker keeps going off randomly but mite come back on after quite a bit. Took the pnale off the top of it on my dash and how the hell are ya supposed to chnage them front speakers lol.