PDA

View Full Version : Anyone?

Anonymous
25-10-00, 11:08 AM
Right, lately I have had a few battery problems. I am running a digi dash, 2 amps, cross over & a cd changer and the battery doesn't like it. I have been advised to put a 1.5d nova battery in as they are a bigger power source.

Would it be better to just have 2 batteries?? If so how do I do it. I have an idea, but want to make sure before I fuck it up.

Cheers peeps.

Dan

Anonymous
25-10-00, 11:41 AM
I would just try the Diesel battery first, youre battery is probably just shafted they don't last for ever. From my experience if battery is on its way out it will show up this time of year because of the extra load lights, wipers, heaters,de mister, cold starts ect. Unless you are planning a masive system with thousands of watts it's not worth fitting two batteries.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 12:34 PM
I also have the problem of my battery killing itself just to keep the stereo running. I have connected a battery just to my stereo as it pumps out 1110watts which you can imagine is a shit load of power. i've found the battery powering the car is going ok now. but you have to recharge the battery for the stereo quite often depending on the power of your stereo, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONNECT THE BATTERY FOR STEREO TO THE ALTERNATER. IT WILL PUT TO MUCH STRAIN ON IT.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:16 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you can't connect the 2nd battery to the alternator, doesn't it become a pain in the arse charging all the time?

Isn't it possible to link the 2nd battery to the main battery as + to + and - to - and have them both charge that way? Or will the main one not charge properly?

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:19 PM
When I had an astra it had big system in 2000w ish, I replace the alternator with a higher output one from an astra GTE, you could try the scrapies for a bigger output one off something with plenty of electric goodies as they fit bigger alternators to them! If youre lucky the output will be on it. You will have to check the mounts are the same.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the advise.

I think I'll try the diesel one first. If it doesn't do anything I think I'll have to visit some scappies.

Cheers lads

Dan

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:28 PM
You only need to run a fused positive cable to the new battery, fit a good earth strap between the body and the negative. (using the body as the neg path). I think you may be able to get an intelegent split charger that can tell when the car battery is getting low and atomatically stops charging the rear one?

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:40 PM
where could I get one of those?

Anonymous
25-10-00, 01:52 PM
Don't know, try a Car Audio place, One thats in to competitions and stuff they should know.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 05:18 PM
hey m8 if uv only got a standard battary and its benn flat more than 3 or 4 times its fucked m8(i ve got the same problem wi mine ) ive heard the deisel battery is exellant but u should buy a gel pack!!!

Anonymous
25-10-00, 06:55 PM
them alternator split chargers ive known people get em from caravan shops. same as the audio ones but a hell of a lot cheaper theyre for caravan power supplies.

gaz