PDA

View Full Version : Gte Induction Kit

GTE999
19-11-07, 10:30 PM
Hi all, im new to the site and have recently purchased an 89 nova gte. I think it belonged to HYBRID TURBO. Anyway being a slightly more mature owner and not having owned a nova for over 10 years, im a bit rusty when it comes to the mechanics. Now for the problem. Just bought an induction kit and went to fit it today and found that it physically wouldnt fit when connected up to the air flow meter. Its basically just to big! Someone suggested that i should remove the air flow meter! any ideas would be appreciated.

cheers
craig

Steve
19-11-07, 10:46 PM
Dont think you can do without the air flow meter on gtes. Did the kit come with an adapter plate for the air flow meter?

GTE999
19-11-07, 11:33 PM
Yeah mate, it came with one but when its attached, the whole thing just wont physically fit in the engine bay space!!!

Steve
19-11-07, 11:37 PM
Hmmm thats a strange one, you sure its meant for a gte? Check my sr replica project page below VVVVV mine fits with a bit of room, I reckon they've sent you the wrong one.

GTE999
19-11-07, 11:57 PM
Just had a look at yours mate, the air filter ive got is much larger than that, looks like they have sent me the wrong one. As i said im a bit out of touch with the nova mechanicals. Not owned one for about 10 years, but i'll get their.

btw cheers for your help and your car looks the dogs, havnt seen one with the snow plough bumper for years. I wouldnt be for selling it!!!!!

Steve
20-11-07, 12:00 AM
Cheers mate but I dont need 2 novas now and ive just lost interest in sorting out the bodywork on it.

Im pretty sure theres someone selling a gte filter on here, check the for sale posts. :thumb:

NovaLad
20-11-07, 12:01 AM
Which is the GTE filter? got a pic?

Steve
20-11-07, 12:03 AM
Check my sig VVVVVVVV

craig green
20-11-07, 11:23 AM
It is a fairly small cone filter for a GTE. It wont run without the AFM.

However the most power will come from a de-resricted airbox, with a panel filter & enlarged frontal air feed.

GTE999
20-11-07, 05:56 PM
cheers for that, ive now looked at a couple of pictures of other gtes and the one ive been sent is much bigger. looks like i'll need to send it back. Thanks for the help!

NovaLad
20-11-07, 06:01 PM
1 of these?
http://www.importpoweronline.com/catalog/images/3skn.jpg

Jcb
20-11-07, 06:55 PM
However the most power will come from a de-resricted airbox, with a panel filter & enlarged frontal air feed.

Do you mean the standard circular airbox? Or is it only the fuel injected ones that have that? What can you do to make these a bit more breathable?