PDA

View Full Version : Fuel sender

Nova_Tek
19-11-07, 09:14 PM
If I ever manage to find a recon one let alone a new one how would i go about fitting it?

Currently even when there like 10 litres in there my dial shows empty, so if I were to change it when there is fuel in the tank is this wise? Will it leak?

Whats the procedure?

PS its a C reg Nova 1.2. Early long type fuel sender

Riggy
19-11-07, 09:40 PM
you can do it with a little fuel in the tank , just jack the rear up so it goes to the front of the tank ,

when i di mine i just let it get low and changed it then , but get some petrol in a can in case you lose it lol

Lee
19-11-07, 09:44 PM
If your running a GTe or GSi tank, good luck! Getting the pickup back in the swirl pot is the biggest pain in the backside on the planet! If not its uber simple, just beware that if its a very old tank the gasket may give up the ghost as you twist it off, so have at least a spare freshish one on standby.

Riggy
19-11-07, 09:48 PM
i didnt think it was that hard lee, even under the car with not much room ,

i did another last week on my xe with the tanl off though took 30 secs lol

Nova_Tek
19-11-07, 09:54 PM
Mine is a carb tank. Havent asked if I can get a gasket for the tank but no one does a sender for it so dunno really.

Gonna have to run down the fuel quite a bit then a agin have no clue whats left unless I rock the car back and forth :D

Lee
19-11-07, 10:23 PM
i didnt think it was that hard lee, even under the car with not much room ,

i did another last week on my xe with the tanl off though took 30 secs lol

I admit that when I got it in finally, it just slotted straight in, but sweet bejesus it was fighting me all the way lol

Riggy
19-11-07, 11:01 PM
lol you just cant find the hole :gay: :wisewood:

Dave.
19-11-07, 11:20 PM
i filled mine upto the brin once and it rear empty, i used to sort it with a good old whack to the clocks and it used to shoot up. might just be your clocks are buggered

Nova_Tek
20-11-07, 12:49 AM
Gauge works fine, Have tried 3 different guages and the all do the same. Its deff the sender.

Just need to find one first then suppose I have to worry about puting it on after.