PDA

View Full Version : Corsa/Astra LCD display into a nova

Cjscooby
30-06-02, 06:00 PM
Hiya all

i have been thinking about moving my Head Unit from where it sits in the MK2 nova dash to where the top vents and clock is and putting a Corsa/Astra LCD Display the one with the Date Clock temp etc. on it where the Head Unit is now as my CD keeps jumpin due to the Head Unit being on an angle and needs to be sitting flat. so i was just wondering if any one has done or knows anyone who has done this and your views on the idea plus does anyone have a clue how much the LCD Display would cost and where i can get a cheap one from? thanks
CJ :twisted: :lol: :!:

Dicko
30-06-02, 06:25 PM
u could get the display from somewhere like dixons vuaxhall breakers.

a m8 of mine has removed the top air vents and put a small flat screen display in its place, and the dvd player in glove box. but kept the stereo where it is.

Ben (lurk75)
30-06-02, 07:45 PM
I would consider getting a new head-unit first! this shouldnt happen at the angle they sit in the mk2 nova. The best bet is getting the screen from a breakers and make sure you get all the loom that is attached to it, the more wire you can get the better and easier it will be to fit. You will also have to get the themometer to use in conjunction with the display. The easiest way would be to get the loom still with the headunit plugs on it and then buy the adaptor that suits your headunit.

Cjscooby
30-06-02, 07:51 PM
the head unit is brand new and it cost me 250 quid and it has been checked and i was told it need to sit flat.

Ben (lurk75)
30-06-02, 08:24 PM
What model is it? as some models have selectors on the side to alter the lazer allignment etc. like on the multicahngers.
We have fitted nearly every CD player into various cars and have only ever suffered this problem on cars witha exagerated tilt, never on a nova. But there are always firsts. It could be worth taking it back and swapping with another one to see if the one you have is faulty. Have you fitted it with the mounting cage and secured it properly?

Ste_Nova
01-07-02, 09:35 AM
joff from www.novaweb.co.uk has the cosra display fitted..... the temp sender is behind the bumper badge on the corsa