PDA

View Full Version : exhaust manifolds

brucer
18-11-07, 10:05 PM
hi guys.going to be getting a new exhaust manifold for my nova gte. was looking at ashley ones as they are only 122pound. as i enquired bout the different front pipe needed, said i would need to idealy change the system.but dont want to do this.

what other manifolds are about at a reasonable price that arnt going to need changing the rest of the system?

cheers.

R1CH
18-11-07, 10:11 PM
If the rest of the system is standard then you'll be better off changing it tbh.

brucer
18-11-07, 10:15 PM
i assume the system is standard.but it is all stainless apart from a mild steel pipe that has been welded in instead of a silencer.so didnt want to change it and wanted the same size tail pipe.standard size for gte i assume.didnt really want a 3inch but sacrifice has to be made.

R1CH
18-11-07, 10:27 PM
There saying you need to change your system as they probly assume that its standard, if its an aftermarket system (larger?) then you'll probly be fine keeping it, you might need to modify the manifold / system so they mate up.

Rich

brucer
18-11-07, 10:43 PM
alrite.well if i get stuck then i will have to buy the system aswell.the cars off the road at the mo.so not using it till next summer.got plenty of time.thanks for the help.

brucer
18-11-07, 11:53 PM
are sportex manifolds any good???