PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Problem with the TD

Mucker_TD
18-11-07, 05:12 PM
Everytime i go to start it up in thew morning, i find myself sat there for at least 15 seconds waiting for it to start:(

Its a 1.5TD, i always wait until the glowplug light go out before starting.

The alternator has been reconditioned very recently.

The battery is brand new.

The starter motor cranks over perfect.

Ive lately found out that it starts quicker if i have my foot flat to the floor on the throttle.

I gather it something to do with the fuel? Am i wrong?

This only happens if ive left it for at least 6 hours, like overnight for example.

Once started in the morning, its will start on the button throughout the day, no problem???

Anybody care to shed some light on my little problem?

Much appreciated:) :thumb:

db_1.2
18-11-07, 05:17 PM
Might be the fuel running back to the tank.

If it were me i would give it a good service and check the fuel system for any air leaks.

General Baxter
18-11-07, 05:17 PM
turn the ignition on, wait for the light to go out, turn off, do it again, if it starts a little easer i say change your plugs :)

Mucker_TD
18-11-07, 05:19 PM
Might be the fuel running back to the tank.

If it were me i would give it a good service and check the fuel system for any air leaks.

yh im pretty sure its the fuel not getting to where it needs to be. where could there be any air leaks? are there any vaccuum pipes i should specifically be looking for?

Thanks guys

Mucker_TD
18-11-07, 05:20 PM
turn the ignition on, wait for the light to go out, turn off, do it again, if it starts a little easer i say change your plugs :)

yep tried that, its exactly the same and the plugs are new aswell. Good idea though.:)

General Baxter
18-11-07, 05:24 PM
how bad does it somke? as it could be your stem seals

Mucker_TD
18-11-07, 05:26 PM
how bad does it somke? as it could be your stem seals

Its amazing, it smokes slightly on start up but apart from that, basically not at all whilst in use

General Baxter
18-11-07, 05:29 PM
adjust your cold start valve then :p

Mucker_TD
18-11-07, 05:32 PM
adjust your cold start valve then :p

Haha im no mechanice but i wish there was one. Im convinced its to do with the fuel, but you dont know whether the fuel runs on a vaccuum do u? or anyone?

Much appreciated for the help:)

Philsutton
18-11-07, 06:36 PM
bet its an airlock in the fuel system, mine is a fooker for it

Mucker_TD
18-11-07, 06:54 PM
bet its an airlock in the fuel system, mine is a fooker for it

how wud i get that airlock out?

Philsutton
18-11-07, 06:56 PM
pump it through, I just took off the fuel filter an filled it as it had nothing in.