PDA

View Full Version : gsi seats into 1.2

macc nova
17-11-07, 11:38 AM
is it just a straight swap or do you have to change the front seat rails?

General Baxter
17-11-07, 11:45 AM
stright swap :)

the only diff is mk1's use a half pipe clip and mk2's have a welded on clip,

seeing as gsi is mk2 your safe ether way

Steve
17-11-07, 11:51 AM
if yours is a base model it wont have the extra mounting rails for the rear bench, as split seats have 4 and base models only have 2.

I think that makes sense!?

macc nova
17-11-07, 11:53 AM
the seats in the 1.2 dont just slide front to back, they slightly move up and down aswell in a rocking motion? would this change anything?

macc nova
17-11-07, 12:00 PM
my photobucket isnt working at the moment can someone put my photos on for me?

ANDYRACER
17-11-07, 01:22 PM
Tom what he means is the front seats are a straight swap, the back bench tho is the issue.
Is yours one single bench or is it split 60/40 rear bench?
If yours is one single long bench seat then there isnt the bracket in the middle on the floor for gsi bench to bolt into.
You either have to weld/rivet the bracket in or i bodged all mine in with tie wraps on my old 1.2i.
Or you can be a man and have the back stripped out. :thumb:

macc nova
17-11-07, 01:33 PM
/\/\ but im just a boy lol

craig green
17-11-07, 01:49 PM
the seats in the 1.2 dont just slide front to back, they slightly move up and down aswell in a rocking motion? would this change anything?

Thats to do with the lousy subframes on the poverty spec deckchairs. So long as you get the GSi seats with their sliding subframes & your car is a 3-dr, youre onto a winner.

Dan-SR
17-11-07, 02:24 PM
oh also,gsi setas are very easy to fit,poverty stuff are a pain in the a*se

Timmy
17-11-07, 11:32 PM
easy to fit me ass they can be a right pain in the ass,
Tip slide the seat all the away forward on it rail.
lift frontend up and slied in. untill holes mate the holes at the front , there are 2 sets you want the at the front.
then slide seat back to do bolts up put the pair in befoer you tighten them up

Steve
17-11-07, 11:38 PM
there both as easy to fit, best way is to sit in the back to help line the seat up with the rails. 10 minute job

craig green
20-11-07, 01:31 PM
I always take an SR drivers seat with me when buying another Nova.

Funk driving home in poverty spec deck chairs when it takes 5 mins to fit the throne.