PDA

View Full Version : engine value?

toymex
16-11-07, 09:03 PM
I have been offered a fresh 1400 engine by my engine builder to try,but i need to know the value of my current engine to see if i can afford it and if it will be worthwhile. my engine is 1380cc it has powermax pistons is lightened and balanced, it has got a ported and polished big valve head with race valves and runs a kent ast2 cam and followers etc. i had it rolling road tuned at torque of the devil where it made 113 bhp and 93lbft but the head gasket went shortly after . it then had the head skimmed and the cam carrier skimmed aswell it the had the valves indexed and new valve springs as the over the nose pressure was low it was reassembled by my engine builder and it was found to have the cam timing out to much inlet duration i was told . since then i have done 1 trackday where it run faultlessly all day .
I think it would make 125bhp easily on another rolling road now as torque of the devil reads very low .This is for the engine only no carbs exhaust manifold or clutch your opinions very much appreciated as i am a bit new to novas Many thanks Jezz:thumb:

sport
16-11-07, 10:26 PM
Ill give you ?50 collect tomorrow lol No idea what its worth but sounds a good spec.

toymex
17-11-07, 05:51 PM
Not to sure on the ?50lol its a good engine goes really well ,have you got a sport thats what its in at the moment:thumb: as seen at llandow earlier this year

sport
17-11-07, 08:32 PM
Was worth a try at ?50lol . Yes ive got a sport under a rebuild at the moment.

offplot
17-11-07, 11:51 PM
pm me your contact number - where abouts are you ?

toymex
18-11-07, 01:48 PM
After a quick chat with offplot i realised it is not a ast2 cam it has the ast18 supersport r cam and solid lifters , any idea on value guys?