PDA

View Full Version : Bike TB's on XE

db_1.2
15-11-07, 07:55 PM
Im looking to put some sort of throttle bodies onto my current nova project, i keep seeing a lot of GSXR throttle bodies for sale on ebay and was wondering if i was to buy a set what else would i have to do really? Im not on such a tight budget but im not looking to spend vast amounts, so my plan for the time being was to use my original manifold but modify it to fit the throttle bodies, using hoses and jubilee clips! I know it sounds a bit daft but i seem to be seeing this a lot more often now and was wondering if it was a better option than an expensive jobbie being fabricated. Now, the other bit, for the time being could i run the throttle bodies on the original XE ecu and injectors? I was told that the engine is from an astra GTE so it is an early type however looks to be the dispack setup.

In theory it should all work shouldnt it? My main concerns are the injectors fitting the tb's and the servo vacum still being present after modifying the manifold.

Adam
16-11-07, 12:26 AM
Im not on such a tight budget
Fit "proper" Tb's then :thumb:
Much easier/better solution.

Bike tb's seem cheap in the short term, but they never turn out that way.

Welsh Dan
16-11-07, 12:32 AM
If the budget is that tight, stick what cash you were going to spend into the bank until you've got enough to buy cams+tb's+setup all at once :thumb:.

draper
16-11-07, 06:57 AM
does anyone actually know of someone who has got bike carbs on there car that they did thereselfs/cheaply ??

only car ive ever seen is saloonys which bogg brothers did iirc, seems lots of people are talking about them but no ones actually doing them

Dar
16-11-07, 09:54 AM
My little bro has bike TB's on an XE. It's not currently running. Someone else I know runs bike TB's on a Zetec. I did have a piccy of them but I appear to have lost it.

Both are using Megasquirt.

BIGS
16-11-07, 11:18 AM
its what im doing, and you can do it fairly cheep, the tbs cost me 200 the manifold 100 and then megasquirt ontop of that, but havent bought that yet and then i spose its things like trumpets and filters that add more to it again.

craig green
16-11-07, 11:25 AM
plus the loom & mapping & all the other sundries, pipes & gaskets etc.

Not to mention the guess work wrt injectors etc.

Stuart
16-11-07, 11:48 AM
filters on TB'd cars are for pussies

craig green
16-11-07, 11:51 AM
I'd use a Tea strainer (or 4). Stop any wasps n Bee's being sucked in.

Gotta think of the planet....

Stuart
16-11-07, 12:05 PM
that will lose you 10 bhp... A guy I know from rallying circles ran tea strainers to stop big stuff going into his engine, then removed them and got 10 bhp more lol

After a season of rallying in dusty conditions it was still in mint condition bore marking and piston wise.

Adam
16-11-07, 06:24 PM
filters on TB'd cars are for pussies
Lol

Surely you wont loose too much power through filters.
Tho i know tb's/carbs do sound waaay cooler without filters.

db_1.2
16-11-07, 08:33 PM
I think what i will do in this case is buy a set of tb's, take a couple of days off work and just take things apart, have a good look and a good think, idealy yes i would love to run a propper set up, but i cant ever see myself looking at spending that much, which brings me to the point where i ask myself, do i really want to do it all together?!

Anyway, all the input is greatly appreciated and i would like to see some pics if possible and any other input would be great. As for the plan, ill see how it goes, any problems in the future will be posted here anyway.

:thumb: