PDA

View Full Version : Rear suspension

macc nova
14-11-07, 03:09 PM
About 2 weeks ago i fitted a set of the fk highsports and the front are perfect but the rear passengers side sits about 15mm lower than the drivers side :confused:, Ive tried quite a few things to get it sitting lower (ie - taking the bump stops off the rear beam on the passenger side) but no luck. What else could it be? rear beam bushes possibly? im all out of possibilities now?

Welsh Dan
14-11-07, 03:22 PM
You don't have a sub or anything in the boot on the passenger side? Is there any damage to the spring seats on the passenger side? Does one side have the rubber spring bushes, and the other side not have them?

macc nova
14-11-07, 03:28 PM
Is there any damage to the spring seats on the passenger side? Does one side have the rubber spring bushes, and the other side not have them?

No theres no damage, nothing in the boot, explain the rubber spring bushes? i have taken the rubber top mount off the spring seat to try and make it sit lower to equal it out?

craig green
14-11-07, 03:38 PM
Is it a seperate spring/damper or coilover?

My guess is if its a seperate spring, the spring saddle on the chassis leg is rusting & has popped through.....

macc nova
14-11-07, 03:45 PM
/\/\ yeah they are seperate, thats quite possible yeah there is abit of rusting there

craig green
14-11-07, 03:47 PM
Well, you could repeatedly bounce up & down on the low side with all of your body weight to see if the spring penetrates the chassis leg any further, in which case it is funked.

If it is rusted though, get it fixed sooner as if the rust gets quite bad you end up with little good metal to weld to when repairing. Mine was a right patchwork when it was being done. Perhaps keep an eye out for a mint chassis leg on a scrapped car.

Spacey
14-11-07, 03:52 PM
is it just the front that has the small cutouts for the spring to sit in?

my thinking was one was in and one was out!?

Clean 2.0 nova
14-11-07, 07:32 PM
front are perfect but the rear passengers side sits about 15mm lower than the drivers side :confused:,

If your front it sitting level but the rear is 15mm down on one side youv'e got some seriously twisted car :eek:

macc nova
14-11-07, 07:50 PM
/\/\ the front are level because they are coilovers lol

Dan-SR
14-11-07, 07:58 PM
Is it a seperate spring/damper or coilover?

My guess is if its a seperate spring, the spring saddle on the chassis leg is rusting & has popped through.....
i agree,does sounds like rust has turned to rot and popped through,get under and check

macc nova
14-11-07, 08:06 PM
i will do when the sun comes up

craig green
14-11-07, 09:21 PM
Thats what the flash is for! LOL