PDA

View Full Version : battery clamp

lynhok
13-11-07, 10:33 PM
hi everyone, i know its probably stupid one but i need to know which way round my battery clamp fits on my car (pics are better) car didnt have one when i bought it lol
and the scrap was no good because i found it in the boot

and also if anyone can still get hold of them? vaux part number etc?
or even an aftermarket chrome thing (saw some on ebay ages ago:thumb: )

thanks in advance

Mint FRST
13-11-07, 10:41 PM
The edge with the two tabs at each end sits battery side. The 45 degreeish edge with no tabs sits against the fire wall.

I have a spare if you need one?

Do you want the bonnet mate?

lynhok
13-11-07, 10:49 PM
chears mate, erm im unsure on the bonnet at the moment i will see how my dent puller gets on when it arrives (ebay) but will have the clamp because mine is just rusty as hell, pm me details and can i collect tomorrow?
plus how much you want for the clamp?

Mint FRST
13-11-07, 10:57 PM
My clamp is used so probably no better than yours. Just wire brush it all over, degrease and spray it silver or black or some thing. You can have my clamp if you want as its a spare anyway. Could try Brindley Vaux for a new one though?

lynhok
13-11-07, 11:01 PM
mines got the pin bits bent flat for some reason ??? strange i know, and its bowed really bad but ive never seen another so i dont have anything to compare to.

if you dont mind mate could you pm me your address and best time to pop by because need ont that will hold in my battery rather than it sliding about :)

Mint FRST
13-11-07, 11:06 PM
Pm sent