PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii's

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 06:20 PM
Can't believe that there is so much fighting to get one of these!

Havnt been in stock for weeks and weeks.

Think Nintendo are sending about 5 a week to the UK

:confused: :confused:

Adam
13-11-07, 06:24 PM
Indeed.
Cant buy one anywhere round here.
Shops aren't even advertising them.

They just have the games for sale,Lol.

Mike
13-11-07, 06:25 PM
LOL me and the missus have had one for absoulutly agesssssssssssssss!

Adam
13-11-07, 06:33 PM
When did you buy it tho?

There were loads about at first, but now theres none.
I bet its just another scam for xmas, holding them back from retailers.

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 07:00 PM
Think your right Ad, "creating" demand

Mike
13-11-07, 07:04 PM
Ad, bought it not long after they came out :D

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 07:08 PM
Anyone got one they want to sell?

Or any advice to where there in stock?

Mike
13-11-07, 07:09 PM
I hear eBay stock quite a few these days?

smcgsi16v
13-11-07, 07:13 PM
I bought mine of Ebay in the new year, when there was none to be found in the country. Paid ?70 over the top tho, but well worth it as me and the mrs couldn't wait.

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 07:16 PM
Tbh im not paying more than the rrp

Not worth it to pay more than that imo

DTR-DEVIL
13-11-07, 07:19 PM
I hate the wii's, Cant even class it as a "NEXT GEN" when the Gfx are about as good as PS2 and the only thing going for it, is the fact you can wave a white stick around wirelessly. Corr OLD news! Ps3,360 is were its at!

sorry to rant! Im calm now :)

Adam
13-11-07, 07:21 PM
I hear eBay stock quite a few these days?
By people looking to make a lot of cash they dont deserve out of people yeah :)

DTR-DEVIL
13-11-07, 07:23 PM
By people looking to make a lot of cash they dont deserve out of people yeah :)

True! anyone see the 360's when they came out. People in US were selling to UK for nearly triple the price. saw a 60g with a few games go for over a ?1000 Sterlin!

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 07:29 PM
I hate the wii's, Cant even class it as a "NEXT GEN" when the Gfx are about as good as PS2 and the only thing going for it, is the fact you can wave a white stick around wirelessly. Corr OLD news! Ps3,360 is were its at!

sorry to rant! Im calm now :)

I understand what your saying but your speaking from someone who's "into" there games consoles i presume??

The wii apeals to all those other people who find picking up a hand controller to sit for 10 hours to wonder around shooting things ect totaly and utterly pointless and boring lol

Games on the wii like table tennis, tennis, bowling, golf ect will do very well because you feel like your actaully having a part in where the ball is going unlike a normal controller/console, get my drift? :confused:

DTR-DEVIL
13-11-07, 07:33 PM
I understand what your saying but your speaking from someone who's "into" there games consoles i presume??

The wii apeals to all those other people who find picking up a hand controller to sit for 10 hours to wonder around shooting things ect totaly and utterly pointless and boring lol

Games on the wii like table tennis, tennis, bowling, golf ect will do very well because you feel like your actaully having a part in where the ball is going unlike a normal controller/console, get my drift? :confused:

Yer, they have aimed it for a family market rather than hardcore all night GAMER!

Stuart
13-11-07, 08:21 PM
adam, as said on mig. Tescos and that wii4xmas site are worth a look. Although rumor has it that amazon.fr and .de have stopped shipping to UK addresses.

Ill keep an eye out in my local tescos and grab any I see there.

also more rumor has it that large sock will hit the UK at the end of nov.... handy for xmas lol.

Im not a hardcore gamer, Ive got a 360 and to be honest Ive spent more time in continuous hits on the wii than the 360... ie i can play xbox for about an hour before gettign bored, but the wii can entertain for 3 hours lol.

plus some of the "normal" games are properly amazing when you consider the wii isnt supposed to be good at them

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 08:31 PM
Nice one Stu ;)

Eastham
13-11-07, 08:35 PM
www.scan.co.uk
Got mine from there for the wife for her 21st. Should be here tomorrow

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 09:04 PM
Again still more than it should be ?235 also its not a UK version

Eastham
13-11-07, 09:19 PM
mine is. 210i got it for

Adam Moran
13-11-07, 09:28 PM
Guess like everyone else they put the prices up

I shall wait another 6 weeks till after xmas

Good things come to those who wait im told lol

srs1
14-11-07, 05:36 PM
ditto.

looked around myself with no luck.

a normal typical christmas rush, decorations out 3 months prior and presents demand as high as ever.

i believe play have got them and they know they have them, so put an extra ?100 ontop of the price. sod that.

Riggy
15-11-07, 01:47 PM
lol i have some contacts in work that can get stuff , lol i had 3 360 for sale when the first come out ad couldnt be gotton lol

he has some wii's now but he wants 300 for them lol , nowt like being a cheeky **** is there