PDA

View Full Version : My Old Toy - NOT A NOVA

DTR-DEVIL
12-11-07, 11:04 PM
Nope its not a nova. In Fact its Not even a Car!
I Turned 17 last feb. and Chose to Pursuit a motorbike! At my age on a CBT im allowed upto a 125.
Pick this little beauty up for ?900!

Yamaha Dt125r 1990

Fully Rebuilt and bored to a 129

Full Dep Pipe Exhuast
Jap Import (No Restriction as Standard) :D
Mint set of Gold Renthals
Huge Dirt Tyres
and a Custom TailTidy and a few stickers!

Sh!t off a shovel! Touched 90 when i pegged the Powervalve open lol.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/gyrojosh/DSC00291.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/gyrojosh/DSC00142-1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/gyrojosh/DSC00248.jpg

Anyone used to have one? or any kind of crosser? love to hear wat ones! :thumb:

NovaLad
12-11-07, 11:08 PM
Err i went through the moped stage from 16 - 17 ish but the speed soon wears off lol...

Was going to get a 125 before i did my car test because i still have sometime left on CBT but i think i will pass car test then do full bike 1 now because i love being on bikes.

Jack
13-11-07, 08:28 AM
I was considering a bike at the end of summer, at my grand old age I could have gone into getting a decent thing straight off and not have to sit on a can full of angry bees for a few years. But then thought well, I like having a roof over my head, a stereo, room for the shopping and not having to lay down when I go round a corner lol

Much much cheaper than a car though. And more fun :D

That bike does remind me of Kickstand... anybody else remember that?

5T1G
13-11-07, 08:45 AM
When i was slightly younger there was three of us and at least one of us would always have a crosser as at single time. Namely KX 125's my mate same had a KX 250 for a short while. Lovely bike that was, anodised purplue frame with green plastics. Another kid had a DT 125 and that thing bloody flew. I also had some really old black crosser, damn thing must have been on it's orginal tyres coz they looked like slicks!!!lol

Was good fun, doubt you could get away with ragging them down the woods, farmers fields now tho:roll:

You bike looks good, once my money settles down i'll probally get another 125/250 but for the road this time.:D

DTR-DEVIL
13-11-07, 12:30 PM
When i was slightly younger there was three of us and at least one of us would always have a crosser as at single time. Namely KX 125's my mate same had a KX 250 for a short while. Lovely bike that was, anodised purplue frame with green plastics. Another kid had a DT 125 and that thing bloody flew. I also had some really old black crosser, damn thing must have been on it's orginal tyres coz they looked like slicks!!!lol

Was good fun, doubt you could get away with ragging them down the woods, farmers fields now tho:roll:

You bike looks good, once my money settles down i'll probally get another 125/250 but for the road this time.:D

yer got chased by the Police many times up that field. If its not the Farmer on his 600cc Grizzly Quad bike! its the Old bill on the Yz250's! U cant win! lol.

DTR-DEVIL
13-11-07, 12:31 PM
Much much cheaper than a car though. And more fun :D

That bike does remind me of Kickstand... anybody else remember that?

at 17 my insurance was ?250 with 1yr NCB. Absoulte bargin. Until u try driving in the Wet windy weather with offroad tyres!:eek:

Kickstand? Pics? :thumb: