PDA

View Full Version : Fookin Computers

Dave_Hay
28-06-02, 03:31 PM
well then, my sister used the computer downstairs yesterday and instead of shutting down comp she logged off for a new user to log in then just pulled plug out. stupid bitch, ne1 wanna bitch slap her?
neway now when i try to load up comp the computer needs a password (which no1 knows) so i cant log in, then when i run comp in safe mode it loads up so far, u say safe mode written in all 4 corners of monitor but it comes up with error starting program and then nothing loads, so i get into safe mode but with no windows?

i never use this comp, but a while ago it went in for windows to be reinstalled as comp crashed and the boot diskette was knackered and today i found out my dad and sis never bothered to make a new back up disk so i cant reboot or reformat nething.

aint it strange how i am now getting the blame for the computer not working?? wtf? lol

ne ideas peeps? should i just inistall win me from this comp on it?? or is there a way round the password i aint done yet?
the comp is only used to college/uni work and some cds that my dad has.

ne help much appreciated

how cool are these smillies btw :fist: :drinking: :microwav: :snipersm: :2gunfire: good work kevin where u steal em from??

Dan 5door
28-06-02, 03:54 PM
Whats the operating system?

When It goes into safe mode, and stalls, try hitting

CTRL+ALT+DELETE

and see if any of the applications are not responding... if they are end the task and see if it frees the system up.

If it does, Do a search for *.pwf or *.pwl files, these are password files (i can't remember the extension of the file but its one of them two)

Delete the files it finds and you should now be able to enter with out entering a password when you let it boot normally

Hope I have helped

Thanks
Dan

Dave_Hay
28-06-02, 04:15 PM
sorry, its win 95,

ctrl+alt+delete gives me 3 options end task (nothing happens) shut down comp and cancel

so i just go back to square one when that happens and have to restart comp.

fucking thing

Dicko
28-06-02, 04:31 PM
if its win95 then u shud b able to click on cancel and it will let u in anyways but without the user profile!!

if u go into the network settings and select microsoft family logon then it shudnt ask you for a password anymore

Dave_Hay
28-06-02, 04:37 PM
nope. when i press cancel comp shuts down!

piece of shit

the dude that fixed it is a rookie, the power button is now the sleeper button lol

wtf was he doing?

Mr_Moo
28-06-02, 08:48 PM
When u turn the comp on, and that thing on windows askes u 2 enter a password, just press ESCAPE....

simple..

rob.slader
28-06-02, 11:07 PM
You need to delete *.pwl from the c:\windows directory on the hard drive. Do this by starting your computer in ms-dos mode when it tries going into safe mode. Then when you go into windows the next time it will ask for a password, type in what you want and this will be your new password every time, just hit <ENTER> if you don't want one. Easy eh!?

:?:

Dave_Hay
29-06-02, 12:07 AM
cheers ill have a go but im not sure how i can get any of the above sudgestions to actually work, windows will not open in safe mode. ms-dos code is a whole new game to me lol