PDA

View Full Version : Useless Police!

paulnova
12-11-07, 01:54 PM
The police...well a community bobby just been to my house to discuss the incident last night when some little chavs kicked my passengers mirror of and wrecked it! It wouldn't bother me too much only last week someone in a van K.O'd my GSi bumper, (will put pics up later) both times i have been inside my home non the wiser!!

they were supposed to come round to see me last night as its a repeat offence, however after waiting in from 5pm til 9pm they finally phone me to tell me they wont be able to make it!!

so, i arange it for today, i have been waiting since 10pm, then 1.30pm the community bobby finally showes up. i have a clear footprint mark on the mirror backing which somehow ended up 150yds down the road from my nova...he then tells me, "I'm sorry sir but i dont think it is enough to go off to catch these youths!!!" then he gave me a crime number, appologised for being useless then left! now i have to fork out for a new GSi front and passengers mirror!

not happy:mad:

Welsh Dan
12-11-07, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately the best thing you can really do is to get a CCTV cam, but to make sure you're covered legally to use that in court, if needed, make sure you stick a sign up to say CCTV is in use.

paulnova
12-11-07, 01:58 PM
i was thinking about getting one after the bumper incident, wish i'd of got up off my **** and got one, would have caught the little chavs!!:mad:

Nick
12-11-07, 02:01 PM
The police...well a community bobby just been to my house to discuss the incident last night when some little chavs kicked my passengers mirror of and wrecked it! It wouldn't bother me too much only last week someone in a van K.O'd my GSi bumper, (will put pics up later) both times i have been inside my home non the wiser!!

they were supposed to come round to see me last night as its a repeat offence, however after waiting in from 5pm til 9pm they finally phone me to tell me they wont be able to make it!!

so, i arange it for today, i have been waiting since 10pm, then 1.30pm the community bobby finally showes up. i have a clear footprint mark on the mirror backing which somehow ended up 150yds down the road from my nova...he then tells me, "I'm sorry sir but i dont think it is enough to go off to catch these youths!!!" then he gave me a crime number, appologised for being useless then left! now i have to fork out for a new GSi front and passengers mirror!

not happy:mad:

Unfortunatly it's not. Loads of kids wear the same trainers - You can persecute someone for effectivly owning a pair of shoes.

However, check the print carefully, are there any chewing gum marks, Bald patches in the tread, Splits ? that may show up on the print.

My dad's Alfa had to have about 6k worth of repairs after some kid ran over the roof. Fortunatly, his non-descript trainers had a mark in the tread, and a peice of chewing gum stuck to them - The police matched/analyised the prints and he ended up getting charged for it (after some Police pressure)

Stuart
12-11-07, 02:03 PM
as a rule you DONT need CCTV signs if you are covering an area that "you wouldnt expect privacy"... Ie you cant have it aimed into your neighbours back garden, unless they only have a 3' high chain fence etc.

L33 LEG
12-11-07, 02:03 PM
told you the copper would give you a crime number and leave.

paulnova
12-11-07, 02:09 PM
My dad's Alfa had to have about 6k worth of repairs after some kid ran over the roof. Fortunatly, his non-descript trainers had a mark in the tread, and a peice of chewing gum stuck to them - The police matched/analyised the prints and he ended up getting charged for it (after some Police pressure)

ouch!! I'm glad its only my bumper and mirror!!:(

paulnova
12-11-07, 02:11 PM
as a rule you DONT need CCTV signs if you are covering an area that "you wouldnt expect privacy"

I have to park on the road so it wont matter, its not anyones property??

Stuart
12-11-07, 03:01 PM
correct. you will want to 100% verify that, but as far as I was aware its fine.

Jack
12-11-07, 04:57 PM
Unfortunatly it's not. Loads of kids wear the same trainers - You can persecute someone for effectivly owning a pair of shoes.
Typo in there methinks lol

Welsh Dan
12-11-07, 05:00 PM
www.sctltd.co.uk are pretty good for cctv kit, prices over the phone can be cheaper than their website though, and they can/will advise you if you need notices up etc.. if you tell them what you're going to be doing.

Mike
12-11-07, 05:19 PM
Im still waiting for any kind of correspondance what so ever regarding the theft and strip of my nova...................

that happened on September 3rd...

raymond
12-11-07, 05:32 PM
i didnt even bother them when they booted my mirror of at weekend pointless mate

it is alarmed up and the alarm went off i didnt hear it or the neighbours at her house didnt or they did hear it and dont like me lol

Riggy
12-11-07, 06:03 PM
ive lost count of how many mirrors ive had kicked off my nova's

paulnova
13-11-07, 12:12 AM
www.sctltd.co.uk (http://www.sctltd.co.uk) are pretty good for cctv kit, prices over the phone can be cheaper than their website though, and they can/will advise you if you need notices up etc.. if you tell them what you're going to be doing.

nice one pal, will give it a shot.

i wasn't too bothered about the mirror (you know wot mothers are likelol ) so had to call cops! i was more bothered about the bumper getting total'd a few weeks ago. but thankfully projectjordan has sorted me out with a new one!