PDA

View Full Version : engine parts suppiers

bosscav
11-11-07, 10:20 PM
I want to do a engine recon on a 2L 8v after xmas and just want to know of any site to get the parts

mowgli
11-11-07, 11:59 PM
to be honest with you, don't buy it off the net until you've tried the local motor factors & been thru your local yellow pages. There is usually a good engine spares place in every town, & you may need machining work doing.
ok, if you are modding the engine, then try internet searching, but for standard stuff, it is far easier if you can take the old stuff along to compare it.

Stuart
12-11-07, 08:42 AM
and generally if you goto an engine builders you can erm negotiate a cash no recipt 17.5% discount ;)

bosscav
12-11-07, 10:03 AM
to be honest with you, don't buy it off the net until you've tried the local motor factors & been thru your local yellow pages. There is usually a good engine spares place in every town, & you may need machining work doing.
ok, if you are modding the engine, then try internet searching, but for standard stuff, it is far easier if you can take the old stuff along to compare it.for the machining I'm luck that way as theres a engine machine shop 2 mins walk from me.

nova ian
12-11-07, 01:09 PM
www.autovaux.co.uk (http://www.autovaux.co.uk)

Top People, Have loads in stock and really good prices

mod edit... but for the love of god PHONE them as their web presence is less than top lol