PDA

View Full Version : Ultima GTR lol?

CP
11-11-07, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbkRvhAzTpE

oh dear - wonder how the guys at Ultima are feeling after watching tonights top gearlol (have a peek at their website)

By the way I bloody well want one!:thumb:

Lee
11-11-07, 10:23 PM
Me too!! Dribble Dribble.

Although I did have a good giggle at the what appears to be utterly useless windscreen wiper lol

paulnova
12-11-07, 12:30 AM
Although I did have a good giggle at the what appears to be utterly useless windscreen wiper lol

haha the wiper made me chuckle too, you can see it flapping about under acceleration lol

I gotta get me one of those :D

Dar
12-11-07, 10:19 AM
I love the T1 and can't wait to see it up against other fast cars etc etc. I just hope that they get the thing hanging together a bit better.

What cracked me up was Mr Clarkson saying it has no grip and then when the Stig was belting it around the track he says "Almost F1 levels of grip". Err make up your mind!:roll:

I would like to bet that it has a good ammount of mechanical grip to start with but because its such a fast car you have to be careful. Not that is has low grip to start with or at low speed. It is around 500kg and running on wide trackday rubber by the looks of it. So I don't think it will be as bad as he was making out. It sounded like a Robin Reliant had more grip when he was describing it in the reviewlol

peester
12-11-07, 10:27 AM
mad cars, sat in one ages ago at a kit car show; these things cost less than ?40K dont they..?
Good power=pound ratio, lol.

just vaux trev
12-11-07, 10:42 AM
?235,000

Jim Mcrae
12-11-07, 12:17 PM
So he dont really listen to dodgy cds lol nice car, awsome driver!

Jack
12-11-07, 12:38 PM
What cracked me up was Mr Clarkson saying it has no grip and then when the Stig was belting it around the track he says "Almost F1 levels of grip". Err make up your mind!:roll:
I think he was referring to the grip it had when it went round a fast corner at that point. Did seem to be a bit wobbly though at slower speeds, even with the Stig behind the wheel.

I wonder if they do a saloon version. I'd buy it.

Dar
12-11-07, 12:54 PM
I think he was referring to the grip it had when it went round a fast corner at that point. Did seem to be a bit wobbly though at slower speeds, even with the Stig behind the wheel.

I wonder if they do a saloon version. I'd buy it.

Wobbly it may have looked, but I bet he was batting along still i.e. cornering alot faster than your normal everyday supercar. Didn't you think that he was making it sound like a granny in a mobility scooter would out handle it in the review?

Anyway how about one with a roof to keep the rain off?
http://ebay.windingroad.com/newsuploads/2006/06/Caparo-460.jpg

Nick
12-11-07, 02:03 PM
Wobbly or not, it's overall lap-time was phenominal.

I'd put up with a bit of wobble if i could lap 10 seconds quicker than a Koeinegigiesiegiesiegsiseg

dhdev (Oli)
12-11-07, 08:04 PM
''Couldn't stop faster if you crashed into a tree'' - Clarkson
Brakes must've been built by a real Pro ;)

Jack
12-11-07, 08:12 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/caparo_saloon.jpg

Thats better.

Stuart
12-11-07, 08:13 PM
''Couldn't stop faster if you crashed into a tree'' - Clarkson
Brakes must've been built by a real Pro ;)

so nothing to do with you then :p

what type PFB pads does it run?

krobinson
12-11-07, 08:23 PM
You work on this car olly?

We'll hold you responsible for the fire on 5th gear then!! lol

Dar
12-11-07, 08:26 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/caparo_saloon.jpg

Thats better.
lol You've added a helipad to the back of it! Or is that where the women sunbathe?

dhdev (Oli)
12-11-07, 08:51 PM
what type PFB pads does it run?
IIRC its the 01 compound, but it's been some weeks since I last built a set so don't quote me!

mowgli
12-11-07, 09:00 PM
you should see their headquarters, next to the hot tub shop, round the back of Morrisons in Hinckley. they go round the morrisons roundabout with prospective buyers strapped in, and go faster & faster. I did hear 80mph mentioned. 1 bloke had a seizure...

Stuart
12-11-07, 10:33 PM
IIRC its the 01 compound, but it's been some weeks since I last built a set so don't quote me!

nice ive got 97's and feck me are they insane!! so any better would be just silly