PDA

View Full Version : Coupla Q's on Nova 1.5TD's

Stokie_Dave
28-06-02, 12:18 PM
Gonna be lookin at these in the coming months so was wondering about a few things.

1) Do they have anti roll bars?
2) Are they easy to mod? Simple stuff like air filters, full exhaust systems, what about manifolds?
3) What kinda psi does the turbo run at as std and how far can I push it without blowing it up ;) (this one's for micky!)
4) Do ya reckon a 1.7TD conversion would be easy? Does it use the same mounts? Gearbox? Stuff like that...

Cheers all :D

Ste_Nova
28-06-02, 01:52 PM
1) Do they have anti roll bars?

yes

2) Are they easy to mod? Simple stuff like air filters, full exhaust systems, what about manifolds?

yup big zorst, huge filter straight onto turbo (loose all the black boxes)

3) What kinda psi does the turbo run at as std and how far can I push it without blowing it up (this one's for micky!)

intercooler is needed fitst for higher boost

4) Do ya reckon a 1.7TD conversion would be easy? Does it use the same mounts? Gearbox? Stuff like that...

yup will fit straight in but you need to use all the parts off the 1.5td

Dicko
28-06-02, 02:59 PM
dave u git the 1.7td was my idea :P

mind u we can fook ur car up testing it out b4 i waste my money ;)

ste wot do u mean by 'all the 1.5 parts'? like the gearbox/shafts etc? or the turbo/manifold/throttle linkage?

cheers

Stokie_Dave
28-06-02, 03:28 PM
ye i was thinkin that.. i'd assume gearbox, shafts, all fuel lines/tank etc etc

Shud be easy enuff then... And who cares if it woz ur idea dicko, ur jus me mechanic slag, i am da brains behind it all really ;) :P

U break my car tho and i use urs as my courtesy car!!

Any idea then of power from 1.7TD with nice airfilter n some cold air feeds, full zorst (not manifold), boost turned up about 5 PSI over std? 110ish? And loads ov torque :D

Ste_Nova
28-06-02, 03:47 PM
all 1.5td parts = everything except the block/head/sump/turbo/manifolds

use 1.5td box clutch fly wiring loom thrott cable water system etc etc