PDA

View Full Version : dont drive your nova in the rain

conad
11-11-07, 02:09 PM
was jus driving along enjoying the beutifull british weather when the car in front of me stopped suddenly, so of corse i slammed on and locked up, sliding straight into the back of a kia people carrier, luckily he was a sound bloke an is lettin me pay for his damage without going through insurance.... fcuk all damage to his car.... typical!!!! luckily it didnt touch my engine so things are going to start to be sold... watch this space lol

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00049-1.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00048.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00047.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00046.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00045.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00044.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00043.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/DSC00042.jpg

coombsey
11-11-07, 02:13 PM
thats a shame looks like a nice car

krobinson
11-11-07, 02:30 PM
Shame

Are you going to break the car? it doesnt look too bad, you should fix it!

NovaLad
11-11-07, 02:30 PM
Poor Nova!

Your not going to break it are you ?

L33 LEG
11-11-07, 02:38 PM
that looks fair bad, but should be easily fixable.

unlucky mate.

is your bumper still straight? ;)

conad
11-11-07, 02:55 PM
Shame, unfortunatly these accidents are caused by driving to close to the person in front.

Are you going to break the car? it doesnt look too bad, you should fix it!

i suppose i was a little close but not rediculous, we wernt even doing 30mph, his car got away with a bloody scratch!! yeah i think i am going to break it, i was only talking about selling it last night so i think trying to fix it would just drain my money from the new nova fund..... turbo lol

Poor Nova!

Your not going to break it are you ?

you think its a bad idea do you

that looks fair bad, but should be easily fixable.

unlucky mate.

is your bumper still straight? ;)

yeah its defo fixable with a little time and money but iv kinda got sick of this car now an want a new 1!
nah, the bumpers cracked to fcuk :mad:

krobinson
11-11-07, 02:57 PM
You'd be best to use this shell for your turbo project if its clean.

just vaux trev
11-11-07, 03:02 PM
shame bud looks a real nice motor
what colour is it can't tell in the pics looks grey/silky

conad
You'd be best to use this shell for your turbo project if its clean.

well you've got a point, but i wouldnt be able to do most of the work myself as i aint too good with mechanics.... well as far as fitting a new engine goes anyways! so i thought it would have been cheaper and easier to buy a new nova, i was going to try to persuade 'simps' to part with his lol

conad
shame bud looks a real nice motor
what colour is it can't tell in the pics looks grey/silky

its silk violet

just vaux trev
11-11-07, 03:05 PM
is it a gsi shell?

krobinson
11-11-07, 03:07 PM
Simps will sell his for a good offer :D

conad
11-11-07, 03:07 PM
is it a gsi shell?

yep

just vaux trev
11-11-07, 03:10 PM
and i bet you're a milion miles from me?

conad
11-11-07, 03:35 PM
Simps will sell his for a good offer :D
lol nice car aint it

and i bet you're a milion miles from me?
north wales

just vaux trev
11-11-07, 03:59 PM
you got post code so i can google distance

LUV2XLR8
11-11-07, 04:09 PM
fix it, mine looks like that at the end of every rally lol

Steve
11-11-07, 04:35 PM
You werent even going 30mph? my sr looked about the same and that was locking up at 40-50 and ploughing up a curb and into a tree!

Shell looks clean though, I reckon you should fix her up.

conad
11-11-07, 04:42 PM
You werent even going 30mph? my sr looked about the same and that was locking up at 40-50 and ploughing up a curb and into a tree!

Shell looks clean though, I reckon you should fix her up.

honnestly i wasnt, we were doing just under 30 i recon, it aint as bad as it looks to be honnest! the front end has been pushed back roughly 80mm, the fan is just touching my manifold! i realise its worth fixing but i really fancy a turbo and dont want the hassle of doing it myself.... its easier to buy a ready converted one lol

conad
11-11-07, 04:42 PM
you got post code so i can google distance

50 miles

Steve
11-11-07, 04:45 PM
honnestly i wasnt, we were doing just under 30 i recon, it aint as bad as it looks to be honnest! the front end has been pushed back roughly 80mm, the fan is just touching my manifold! i realise its worth fixing but i really fancy a turbo and dont want the hassle of doing it myself.... its easier to buy a ready converted one lol
Good point but its whether you'll find a mint one, judging from the pics yours looks well looked after, fair enough if you do strip it but decent novas (and gsi's) dont come up too often, unless your loaded! lol

conad
11-11-07, 05:01 PM
Good point but its whether you'll find a mint one, judging from the pics yours looks well looked after, fair enough if you do strip it but decent novas (and gsi's) dont come up too often, unless your loaded! lol

it is/was well looked after, won best car in my club at pv this year :cry: :cry:

lol im not loaded..... but my bank manager is lol

Steve
11-11-07, 05:21 PM
lol im not loaded..... but my bank manager is lol

And I thought it was just me that used that line! lol

conad
11-11-07, 05:26 PM
And I thought it was just me that used that line! lol

an it helps when ya mum works for HSBC.... i can get loans with fcuk all intrest lol

just vaux trev
11-11-07, 05:44 PM
do you think you will break it or sell as is

Adam
11-11-07, 06:45 PM
Not good.
Thats fixeable tho, front panel/wings/grill/lights/rad
As it looks a tidy shell.

You cant really blame the weather tho, you should be driving according to the road conditions, and all that crap... As most police etc would tell you anyway. Lol

Id definently keep the shell if its tidy tho :)

Its one big problem with novas, you do that damage to your car, but the other car comes off with just a scratched number plate usually lol

conad
11-11-07, 07:03 PM
Not good.
Thats fixeable tho, front panel/wings/grill/lights/rad
As it looks a tidy shell.

You cant really blame the weather tho, you should be driving according to the road conditions, and all that crap... As most police etc would tell you anyway. Lol

Id definently keep the shell if its tidy tho :)

Its one big problem with novas, you do that damage to your car, but the other car comes off with just a scratched number plate usually lol

ok ok, il hold my hands up, funnily enough 2 cops saw the whole thing happen and agreed it couldnt be helped!
nah im going to break it as long as it all goes well with buying the new one, its only been crashed for a few hours and iv already applied for a loan for a new one lol

conad
11-11-07, 07:04 PM
do you think you will break it or sell as is

break it, il make a lot more that way!

Adam
11-11-07, 07:22 PM
ok ok, il hold my hands up, funnily enough 2 cops saw the whole thing happen and agreed it couldnt be helped!

Fair do's :)

conad
11-11-07, 07:33 PM
Fair do's :)

yeah thats what i thought, as long as evry1 was ok they said i could go! probably cos of the paper work he would have to do lol

Jack
11-11-07, 07:35 PM
lmfao, yep, its threads like this that remind me why I sold both my old Novas. Got rear ended in the hatch = almost a write off. Rear ended in the Celica = got away with a few scuffs on the bumper. Mercedes that hit me was mashed though :D

conad
11-11-07, 07:42 PM
lmfao, yep, its threads like this that remind me why I sold both my old Novas. Got rear ended in the hatch = almost a write off. Rear ended in the Celica = got away with a few scuffs on the bumper. Mercedes that hit me was mashed though :D

dont laugh, im heart broken here lol

il never learn though, this is my third nova, an im getting another soon :thumb:

adam c
11-11-07, 07:45 PM
dont break it!if anything sell it as it is and let someone else repair it.looks a shame to break a mint nova and send it to car heaven when it could be saved:thumb:

Saloony
11-11-07, 07:47 PM
Only needs wings, bonnet and slam planel. Minor stuff in my eyes.

conad
11-11-07, 07:51 PM
dont break it!if anything sell it as it is and let someone else repair it.looks a shame to break a mint nova and send it to car heaven when it could be saved:thumb:

i realise that it would be morally wrong to break it lol but im being selfish here and in my eyes i would make a lot more money breaking it.

just vaux trev
11-11-07, 08:08 PM
do'nt suppose you have got the f/b off yet?
will it need full front pannel or just top

conad
11-11-07, 08:15 PM
do'nt suppose you have got the f/b off yet?
will it need full front pannel or just top

full mate

paulnova
11-11-07, 08:30 PM
front pannel's are no problem to fit, i think you should fix it mate :)

conad
11-11-07, 08:40 PM
front pannel's are no problem to fit, i think you should fix it mate :)

hopefully getting a nice shiney new car this w/e

Welsh Dan
11-11-07, 08:43 PM
You near wrexham then? you breaking the whole car?

SRimon
11-11-07, 09:20 PM
looks like inner wing damage to me as well, my old nova looked like that and had to be pulled 25mm

conad
11-11-07, 11:30 PM
looks like inner wing damage to me as well, my old nova looked like that and had to be pulled 25mm

i think your right there

conad
11-11-07, 11:31 PM
You near wrexham then? you breaking the whole car?

ye, i live in johnstown! ye appart from a couple of things i want to keep

nova_al
11-11-07, 11:48 PM
ouch mate, gutted... tidy car too :(

conad
11-11-07, 11:58 PM
i could cry :cry: :cry: heres a before pic

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/mynova3.jpg

Dave.
12-11-07, 12:46 AM
that looks like a smart straight car, dont break it sell it as it is in damaged condition, someone will repir that, its too good to break

Welsh Dan
12-11-07, 10:45 AM
Let me know if you want an extra set of hands to help strip/repair it. :)

Jack
12-11-07, 12:28 PM
that looks like a smart straight car, dont break it sell it as it is in damaged condition, someone will repir that, its too good to break
That may be, but effectively you're asking conad to play himself out of a few hundred quid. Its never worth selling a damaged car as 90% of the time you'll make considerably more money back from stripping it down and selling the parts.

Can't blame him for that, I'd do the same if I wanted to shift it.

conad
12-11-07, 06:29 PM
That may be, but effectively you're asking conad to play himself out of a few hundred quid. Its never worth selling a damaged car as 90% of the time you'll make considerably more money back from stripping it down and selling the parts.

Can't blame him for that, I'd do the same if I wanted to shift it.

thats exactly what im thinking, i realise its worth repairing and that somebody else would gladly do it, but i just simply cant afford to sell it as it is, esspecial when im going to be paying so much for my next car... if i can get hold of him that is lol