PDA

View Full Version : 1.4/1.6 16v Engine fitting

Dod
11-11-07, 01:49 PM
Firstly, has anyone got a wiring Diagram for what goes where? I've cut the dash out so i can see where the transponder cables come and go to, I've also noticed the car has 3/4 ECU style boxes, which of these do i need?

Also, there is a Valve like SS unit on top of the Exhaus manifold that is linked to a round awkward looking thing to the right of the engine. What is it and do i need it?

Dod
11-11-07, 06:54 PM
Anyone, no one?

Adam
11-11-07, 07:00 PM
The valve is the sai valve, it opens and a pump on the wing blows air into the exhaust manifold.
Remove the valve, and bolt a plate over the hole, as the valve jams against a nova slam panel when fitting the engine(speaking from experience lol)
Bin the pump and hoses too, but you have to keep the combination valve plugged into the loom(a black thing, near the battery on a corsa)

You just need the ecu(behind the drivers kick panel), and the black pickup box from around the ignition barrel(get the plug and a few inches of wire too)
Remember the chip from the ignition key as well.

Dod
11-11-07, 09:09 PM
Mate, you seem to be fairly well up on this sorta thing, is it ok if I add you on MSN for future reference? I'd like to tackle the Job myself but i ballsed up with a 14 16v in a Nova, i was told somethings missing that i forgot it from the donor car which has knocked my confidence... I still have this car ad i wanna use the 16 16v conversion as reference to complete he 14 16v

Adam
12-11-07, 12:04 AM
I think your already on my msn mate :)
Either that or ive got you confused with somebody else lol