PDA

View Full Version : **Breaking - 1990 Red Nova GTE16v (XE)**

Austin_Nova16
11-11-07, 10:25 AM
I am breaking my GTE XE which has been my faithful runabout for the last 2 years.
I shall have the whole car stripped by the end of today (sunday), so can get pics of individual parts by then.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Austin/holland10073029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Austin/holland10073030.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Austin/holland10073032.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Austin/holland10073031.jpg

I've priced up most parts, but ask if you want anything!!

Engine - complete with all ancilaries and water pipes to fit straight up to nova. - The Head gasket has started to go (between the oil and water ways), sowould ideally need a go over or re-build.
sold

Gearbox - F20 good condition
provisionaly sold

Fuel tank/lines/pump - comes as a package.
sold

Rear disk beam - This has been strengthened and fitted with golf stub axles - Advantages of this - nearly every beam that ive seen thats been converted to astra/cav disks by welding a plate on the back has not had very 'true' camber and toe. The golf stub axles have been converted so that they bolt on to the nova beam...so not distortion is seen as there is no welding.
Beam comes with fairly new cables as well (2months), and the hand brake mechanism with a bit of floor pan which will need to be welded into the car (you can just make it out in the interior shot above). Also fitted are poly bushes and GTE Anti-roll bar.
The disks look great as they are nice and small. Much lighter than the astra/cav ones! you do need to either file the wheel bore out by 0.5mm, or get the disks modded.
?175

Koni rear shocks - Good usable condition. Adjustable Damping. I used them with the original GTE sprigs which are available if you want. Found this was a good combination.
shocks sold spring ?5

Casaro Wheels - Nearly new front tyres (only had 2 weeks on them) and good treaded rear tyres (all 195/45/15) will have to check makes. Painted in black. Finish is fair, I shall give them a clean up and get some more pics though. I do still have the centre caps, but they are still silver.
?200

GTE kit - Comprising of front and rear bumper and side skirts (with clips) and grill
Fair condition. Rear bumpoer needs a lick of paint i'd say.
sold

Front wings - Fair condition. Good if you want to respray, or keep as they are. No indicator holes, genuine am parts.
?20 for the 2

GTE boot with spoiler - Good condition, just a tiny patch (2p sized) on the spoiler where the paint has come off. Bloody bird poos!
?20

GTE Tie Bars - Nice chunky tie bars
sold

Interior - Front and rear seats and doorcards and cappings. Small rip on drivers bolster, otherwise fine
?60

6-dial dash - all good
sold

GTE master cylinder and servo - good upgrade for lower spec novas.
?15

Bailey polished header tank - Very good Condition
provisionaly sold

Magnex Stainless steel exhaust (GTE) - In very good condition. Worked perfectly with the XE engine (I modded the manifold to fit this system)
sold

Lots of other bits available, such as car loom, lights, steering rack etc. GTE window surrounds. Full sunroof etc
Give me a bell or txt if you want a quick answer. My number is 07891816544
Pick up on any reasonably large or heavy stuff from west sussex (15mins south of Gatwick airport). or reply hear....

Chris S
11-11-07, 11:26 AM
How Much U Want As It Is

DTR-DEVIL
11-11-07, 12:47 PM
Would u sell the Skirts and clips seperate?

coochiSR
11-11-07, 01:17 PM
6 Dial dash please Austin!

ben..87
11-11-07, 10:25 PM
fuel tank and lines sold to me. thanks austin

Austin_Nova16
11-11-07, 11:28 PM
cheers ben!

Chris - all broken i'm afraid. chassis legs were well gone, front and back.

coochiSR -When i took the dash out it has had a small repair on the plastic wiring film stuff on the back. still works fine though.

DTR - I need to get rid of that as a lot as dont want it all hanging around.

Lee H
12-11-07, 09:45 PM
Would you split the window surrounds as only need the front ones?

s14a
12-11-07, 10:04 PM
if you sell the skirts seperatly then i would be interested aswell as dtr devil
id also take the grill if youd post both the ireland , postage will be around 20quid on top of the price of the bits...
let me know

DTR-DEVIL
12-11-07, 10:26 PM
if you sell the skirts seperatly then i would be interested aswell as dtr devil
id also take the grill if youd post both the ireland , postage will be around 20quid on top of the price of the bits...
let me know
Two's Up on the Sale. Sounds good to me? Wat about u Ast?

s14a
12-11-07, 11:08 PM
Two's Up on the Sale. Sounds good to me? Wat about u Ast?

dont understand that msg mate:confused:

Austin_Nova16
13-11-07, 09:50 AM
Lee - someones coming to look at the surrounds thonight, so I'll let you know.

Skirts are going with the kit lads, as is the grill. Soz, but its all taking a lot of space so want it gone as one..

Cheers

5T1G
13-11-07, 10:07 AM
Austin, not sure if you got my txt but found everything now:roll: :roll: :roll: , i'll be along tonight mate if thats still cool with you??? say around 7:00ish

Call you later

DTR-DEVIL
13-11-07, 12:49 PM
dont understand that msg mate:confused:

haha sorry. Im speaking Chavvy Language. lol.

carrie_girl_wonder
13-11-07, 03:53 PM
hey new to all the forum shiz,but do u hav a gear linkage?mine went so now i hav an atra van on it,and mechanic recommended to get orginal one from a nova:/ cheers

Carrie

Jack
13-11-07, 04:50 PM
Do you still have the throttle cable, or did that go with the engine?

Austin_Nova16
13-11-07, 05:54 PM
carrie - Yes I've got a standard linkage. ?7posted

Razor - cable went with the engine

Cheers!

5T1G
13-11-07, 09:38 PM
Get down there quick, Austin is a top man, top prices top gear.

Thanks again mate!!!!!

stuartp
28-02-08, 10:51 PM
has the bailey tank gone? price

Austin_Nova16
29-02-08, 09:25 AM
Tanks gone.

Only bits left are the Full sunfroof mech, tailgate and side glass.

Cheers