PDA

View Full Version : battery tray drainage

lynhok
10-11-07, 12:11 PM
ok hi everyone i didnt know where to put this because its not mechanical or styling so here it is.

I have a swimming pool in the battery tray of my nova, this is just a guess but its not good, so has anyone else had this problem? and how did you beat this?

at the moment im going to my car after it rains taking off the battery and drying underneath :thumb: and well its taking its toll now and i want to get it sorted befor i have ice and snow, but worst would be when rust sets in!!!
also my battery is loose the clamp it tight but battery still slides about side to side???

any help appreciated :thumb:

krobinson
10-11-07, 12:14 PM
There's a drain hole to the left of the tray, all water should just flow out of that. Also most nova's have a plastic tray under the batter to help drain it.

Sounds like your battery clamp is bent and not locking the battery down, try sourcing another one.

lynhok
10-11-07, 12:17 PM
there is a hole to the left but the hole is about 2 mill higher than the chanel running to it? also do you have a part number for plastic tray as ive never seen one and i done have one?