PDA

View Full Version : digital dash transducer???

shy witness
10-11-07, 08:29 AM
a guy i know off another forum(dance music in this case) has got a digital dash in his nova project......but he has no transducer

he has been having bother getting 1 on e-bay or locally

i said i would ask on here because i think i rememeber reading somewhere that there were 2 different types:confused: :confused:

is this correct???

and how can u tell from looking at your digital dash...........which type you need

he says its holding his project up compleletly.....so i said i'd investigate for him

i'll try n get him signed up to here aswell if i can:thumb:

cheers folks

Clean 2.0 nova
10-11-07, 04:59 PM
Quickest way and easiest is probably a new digi-dash with transducer. I don't think there is any way of telling the different types of digi dash apart, but I would assume they work off the principle of recieving either 1 pulse per revolution of the transducer, 2 pulses, 3 pulses etc. But applying a signal and working out the correct part number from it isn't really worth bothering with unless youv'e got a particular desire to keep the digi - dash youv'e got. When I change the colours in mine I will try and see if there are any optional links on the digi-dash for different transducers. I can't imagine that there are different components fitted inside them, probably just links to solder in or cut open.

coombsey
10-11-07, 05:51 PM
a friend of mine is in the process of fitting a digi dash and he said he is having trouble fitting it there is two pieces of metal in the way i assumed it was a straight swap apart from the wires

alan b
10-11-07, 05:54 PM
no youll have to beat back those two metal bits, cut corners off the black plastic and cut two white lugs off the plugs.!

shy witness
15-11-07, 08:41 PM
any more suggestions guys???

or is it deffinatly better to buy everything together??