PDA

View Full Version : One for the clever clogs (IT RELATED)

5T1G
09-11-07, 02:53 PM
Ok, not sure how much of a response i'll get but though it worth a shot.

I have a Sony W810i, i'm trying to improve the video quality. Natively this handset records in a 3gp format which is pretty much unworkable with anything other than quick time of which i have a demo version:mad:

I would like to improve the quality of the video the phone records as it's ****e. Is there a way i can convert a video to mpeg4, avi etc and try and bump up the resolution or quality so when playing back on computer or other larger screen the quality is better.

Or is it because i'm starting with crap that i'm always going on end up with crap. The phone records at a resolution of 176x144. I would like to be able to blow this up to say youtube/google video size but at the same time improve the quality.

Can this be done by converting file format and improving resolution or am i living in a dream world.

Jack
09-11-07, 03:20 PM
You should be able to convert it quite easily - have a nose on cnet or suchlike for converters. As for the quality, there's not a lot you can do about that as you're starting with a low resolution and poor quality camera to begin with.

Iain
09-11-07, 03:28 PM
As Razorjack said, I can't see you being able to improve the quality of the video, especially whilst trying to increase its resolution.

Novadex
09-11-07, 03:35 PM
you cant, its only as good as its original recorded format. You can convert it to anytihng you want but it wont make any real difference. Get an N95, they record in MP4 and the difference is shocking (5mp helps).

5T1G
09-11-07, 04:32 PM
That's poo!

You would have thought being sony it'd be better than that. My old nokia was 100x better.

bump
09-11-07, 11:35 PM
Sony make s***e and just trade on a brand presence (TV's notably excepted)
Have you ever seen them make serious inroads into any other area?

novautd
10-11-07, 02:39 PM
Ps3

Jcb
10-11-07, 02:44 PM
blu-ray

DTR-DEVIL
10-11-07, 06:21 PM
Tried adjusting video settings on the phone? if not then nooo, and sony imo opinion make the best phones, Strong, Reliable and BUGLESS!. I hate Nokias!

Opps sorry im ranting!