PDA

View Full Version : Clio 182...

Saloony
09-11-07, 01:50 PM
Had a 54 plate one in today for mot, so felt the need to give it a road testlol

First off... driving postion and seat is spot on, dead centre of the wheel, truely perfect.

So now lead foot treatment,first impressions... absolutely sh1t, damn electronic age had killed all the fun out of it, but second run i adapted my driving to the car and bloody hell, every gear change got it on song 4500rpm the vvt really opens it up, and im mean really opens it up, still not the animal i wanted it to be tho, from all the hype ive heard of it.

Then came its party piece.. the handling and grip.. bloody sweet, always felt positive, so easy to point the noise into the tightest of corners and it just hung on, think i had the car sliding once but just pulled through with ease, even with the whole esp package turned off.

But it just wasnt what i was expecting, although it was quick it wasnt 182bhp quick, it wasnt im my mind a hot hatch, what i thought was going to be a lion of a car so to speak turned out to be a plain old moggylol Wheelspin was limited to a little squeal, boring.

At the end of it all what it has over the nova, useability(ease of drive), superb handling, and useabliltiy on the comfort front it still didnt make up for the fact that it was french and would always be a pig of a car to work on.

Long live the Nova!!lol

Jack
09-11-07, 02:07 PM
Remind me never to come to you for an MOT lol

Jim
09-11-07, 02:09 PM
Was this a customers car? If so, that's shocking behaviour tbh.

ELLIS GSI
09-11-07, 04:23 PM
iv drove some quick cars at work but mine still puts the biggest smile on my face. Long live the Nova!!

krobinson
09-11-07, 04:28 PM
Was this a customers car? If so, that's shocking behaviour tbh.

Agreed, your the reason I do all my own work to my cars.

Keith

paddy138
09-11-07, 06:08 PM
thats just stupid, easy way to loose your job

Stuart
09-11-07, 06:46 PM
ETB's dont ruin everything, its the twunts that calibrate them....

Saloony
09-11-07, 07:37 PM
Yes it was a customers car.... stop being old and gay you lot... would it make a difference if the customer turned and said give it a go. I know the bloke very well, and is heavy into rallying, and before i started he said give it some. I get this all the time, if i didnt i wouldnt be roadtesting a VXR8 next month.

If i said i put a cambelt on it would you have put in a different view. Seen as that would justify a roadtest.

Saloony
09-11-07, 07:38 PM
ETB's dont ruin everything, its the twunts that calibrate them....

Aye, its almost the same as driving a Z22SE the first time.

lee coley
11-11-07, 07:42 AM
ive got a clio 182,ive got the full fat version,pretty fast when it gets to 5k.

Saloony
11-11-07, 10:24 AM
ive got a clio 182,ive got the full fat version,pretty fast when it gets to 5k.

You got the cup then? He had the cup suspension put on as an optional extra.

lee coley
11-11-07, 11:46 AM
No not the cup,ive got the full fat edition,leather,air con,climate control.

Proper cups have a wider track/stronger hubs,bigger spoiler,bumper skirt.but they dont have aircon or climate control or leather or light washers or auto lights or auto wipers plus they have thinner glass.

Renault did optinal extras from new called cup packs with spoilers and suspension.

Rexy
13-11-07, 05:18 PM
The 172/172 Cup is still the prefered choice, non of this electric bollocks which new cars have. regardless of it being french in an overall comparison to the nova it comes out ontop hands down.

and if u had permission thats cool but i hate nobbers in some garages who drive customers cars like absolute ****s :D

craig green
13-11-07, 05:25 PM
Great to live with on a daily basis but I wouldnt have one.

Seen a few 'miley' ones & in typical french style, they dont age well & plenty of stuff wears out & looks tatty.

Plus you have to be prepared to wear designer ripped jeans, overpriced T-shirts & gel your hair into spikes.

lee coley
13-11-07, 06:24 PM
I drive one and i dont have ripped jeans,overpriced t-shirts or a gelled hair-do,but rather have a xe nova thow just cant buy one because cant park them up incase they get robed.

yoza

Nick
13-11-07, 07:24 PM
The 172/182's are awesome.

But as Keith said. You are precisely the reason why i have limited trust in garages.

Stuart
13-11-07, 08:23 PM
fiesta st + roush tuning pack for the win (and cheaper than a 182 lol)

Saloony
13-11-07, 09:57 PM
But as Keith said. You are precisely the reason why i have limited trust in garages.

And you didnt read the rest of the thread.

Lets clear this up now please;

Regular customer, friend of the garage owner, friend of mine, both of us often compare notes and mods we have done, swap cars for a little test run, both fully trusting of each other in our driving skills, i mot'd the car, i failed it on brake pads, i replaced the brake pads, i therefore had to road test it (yes had too, if i dont and the car goes out wrong im in the sh1t), also taken the advantage of properly learning the car.

Now seen as i run a proper garage between me failing it and me fitting the pads Roy had a phone call on the situation before i got the go ahead.

Now, i run a proper garage, i do a proper job, i have a good reputation to sustain for which im carrying in to me hopefully starting my own business.

As you can see it was a long winded story, and to add that to an already long winded story would have been down right gay.

Now for those trying to beat me down 'get off your high horses'.:roll:

paddy138
13-11-07, 10:52 PM
i take back what i said, i understand your situation now :thumb:
dont know what the clio 182 is like havnt worked on one yet, but all renaults are crap.

Rexy
14-11-07, 05:42 PM
Great to live with on a daily basis but I wouldnt have one.

Seen a few 'miley' ones & in typical french style, they dont age well & plenty of stuff wears out & looks tatty.

Plus you have to be prepared to wear designer ripped jeans, overpriced T-shirts & gel your hair into spikes.

Typical french, but its all for the love.

And the latter is me :thumb: even when i built the xe nova on my drive i was still the same, and the nova before that and the other novas that were stripped before that lol :p

Mike
14-11-07, 05:45 PM
A guy i know has got a 182 @ 210bhp, and got royally rinsed by a standard LET Corsa that looked like a 1.0 12 valver lol

Rexy
14-11-07, 05:52 PM
:D you can't beat a sleeper

Saloony
14-11-07, 09:06 PM
A guy i know has got a 182 @ 210bhp, and got royally rinsed by a standard LET Corsa that looked like a 1.0 12 valver lol
lol Like i say the 182 just felt like a 142. It had only done 33k and the leather was cracking terrible.