PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage

leebo
09-11-07, 12:03 AM
Hey, im well through the welding stage of restoring my nova shell and want to fit a 6 point roll cage. I was lookin at this one from rallynuts http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/SPARCO_Roll_Cages_1784/Sparco_Roll_Cage_Vauxhall_Nova_2034.asp
Has anyone any comments on this cage or have any recomendations on other cages? I would buy a second hand one but because im form Northern Ireland postage is hard to sort from the main land as thats were they mostly seem to be.
Cheers Lee

Paul
09-11-07, 04:17 PM
I have a 6 point safety devices one and the fitment is very good! I recommend this cage, also the OMP ones are quite rated amongst people to.

I unfortunately have no experience or reviews on the sparco cage for you.

Hope this is of some help. :)

Paul

LJH
09-11-07, 06:34 PM
i would get the omp 10 point bolt in cage for about ?300

leebo
09-11-07, 10:21 PM
Paul, i was lookin at the safety defices website but it dosent have any nova cages. where did you get yours?

LJH, where have you seen the 10point OMP for sale? i see the 6 point on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330138361510&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014 but on the omp site and others i cant see a nova cage.

R1CH
10-11-07, 12:03 AM
Try the RollCentre.co.uk thats where mine was from, fit was pretty good & good price.
By the sounds of it you won't go far wrong with a Sparco / OMP cage if you can get one for a decent price, you can easily tag it to the A & B pillars to make it 10 point.

Rich

strcnova
12-11-07, 02:30 PM
I myself have a Pilbeam Bolt in cage on my car which is better than the standard safety devices one. The only problem with this is there are none left. I am looking a possiably building a new shell a some point for the rally car should i bend the car that badly. If that is the case then i will buy a Custom Cages cage as they are multi point weld in cages which will include linking up both front and rear suspention mounts and cross bracing for door bars and the rear cage too. Its expensive but what price do you put on yourself????

Stuart
12-11-07, 02:52 PM
ANY weld in cage will need extra bracing etc into the car regardless of how many "points" it is.

also a note that you can weld in a bolt in cage but for competition regs you MUST have the bolts in place aswell...... feck knows why!

craig green
12-11-07, 03:06 PM
Fabricage.

LUV2XLR8
12-11-07, 04:04 PM
ive got an omp cage, does the job well, whatever you do youl have to weld the base plates first before bolting the cage to and through the plates

L33 LEG
12-11-07, 04:16 PM
iv got the 10 point bolt in omp cage in my corsa. nothing wrong with it whatsoever, im even going to buy the same cage for my other nova.