PDA

View Full Version : xe'd nova drive shaft problem

dumpycorsa
07-11-07, 04:43 PM
Hi. I've recently broke my 2ltr corsa and kept the shafts and hubs to fit on to my nova. I didn't do the conversion on the corsa so i don't know exactly what shafts were used but the hubs are mtec converted ones. Last week a shaft snapped on my nova 2 ltr (N/S) so i thought no probs i'll use the ones from my corsa. The nova was using home made tapered drive shafts (cally inner cv's and nova outer) and nova hubs. I've taken the nova hub off and removed the broken shaft, put the corsa drive shaft in and the mtec converted hub. Only trouble is is the bottom ball joint won't go in. On further inspection the shaft out of the corsa is half an inch longer than the one out of the nova? The corsa was running fine with out any probs and i'm using the same hubs so why won't it fit? The only difference between the 2 cars is that the corsa had an f16 box and the nova has an f20. Besides buying an mtec conversion shaft and trying that i'm out of ideas. Please can you help.:confused:

dumpycorsa
07-11-07, 04:50 PM
my mate has also said that the shaft removed from my corsa (n/s) is the same length as a calibra n/s shaft. Is this normal? surely if it is then people won't be buying coversion shafts?

Ste L
07-11-07, 04:51 PM
corsa's have a wider track than nova's.. so you cant use them..
need nova one's

cav/caly/astra fit on corsa's, and dont no nova's, thats how you know they have a wider track

Ste L
07-11-07, 04:52 PM
my mate has also said that the shaft removed from my corsa (n/s) is the same length as a calibra n/s shaft. Is this normal? surely if it is then people won't be buying coversion shafts?

thats fine, hence why a few people use cav equal lengh set up's on corsa's with out shortening the shaft

dumpycorsa
07-11-07, 04:57 PM
Are they? i thought they were both the same. If thats right then my rear disc beam off my corsa won't fit my nova either then?

Ste L
07-11-07, 05:39 PM
probably not lol

dumpycorsa
07-11-07, 05:46 PM
bugger!lol

R1CH
07-11-07, 06:26 PM
Aye shafts are longer, also rear beam mounting points are wider apart so that won't fit either !!
Unlucky !!

mayhem
07-11-07, 08:40 PM
nova and corsa shafts are different, corsa shaft is about 3cm longer iirc

dumpycorsa
08-11-07, 02:55 PM
anyone want to buy a pair of corsa shafts?lol

Adam
08-11-07, 03:02 PM
No
But a corsasport member may do :)