PDA

View Full Version : Mouse loose in my wheel arches

Spacemonkey
27-06-02, 12:12 PM
Hey

Jsutmwondering if any 1 could tell what this noise is im hearing

When driving in slow traffic of up to the speed of 50 mph i constantly hear a squeaking noise coming from the front wheels , if i apply the break while still moving the squeaking stop and after 50mph i cant here is anymore, the faster i go the more frequent the sqeaks are up to 50mph is is the break discs?

d0gz_bollox
27-06-02, 04:45 PM
couldnt be a moose cause its currently living under ben's 1ltr arches from roy8acer.

behind your discs are a shield, bend them bank and try that. usually catch on the bottom of the disc

Doc
28-06-02, 09:21 AM
I had similar problem, its probably due to slightly warped disks. My drivers side used to squeak constantly until u applied a small amount of brake, then it would stop. I changed disks and pads, only cost about ?30 for parts for my 1.2i (J). Check your calipers while u r under there, one of them maybe sticking causing the disk to warp which then causes the squeak. U dont want to replace it all then a month later the squeak comes back due due to a sticking caliper. :wink:

nova dosed
05-07-02, 12:22 AM
I had the same problimo as well. On my 1.4sr it was the front wheel bearing. If u know what your doing take off the wheel, calliper, disk and nut and have a good look. I tried the wheel wobble thing and it didnt show but it did when i stripped it down. Only do it if you no what ur doin as your messing with brakes. (saying all this though i still aint done my wheel bearing and its been goin for a month now) lmao.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: