PDA

View Full Version : Nova GSI Spolier fitting....

andrewmatthes
27-06-02, 10:02 AM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any one had any suggestions on fitting a gsi nova spoiler on a standard tailgate.

Its generally finding out where to drill the holes is my prob at the mo..can anyone help??

Doc
27-06-02, 11:03 AM
Its pure guess work mate if you havnt got a template. I think if you buy one from Vauxhall new you get a template with it, but not sure. Anyway a 2nd hand one wont have a template, you just have to imagine where the spoiler will sit look where the bolts are and start drilling. It doesnt really matter if you dont get it right 1st time, just drill more holes. When youve maneged to drill the holes in the right place just fill up the others with silicone sealer. It wont matter about the other holes as they will be cpovered by the spoiler when its in place. Underneath my spoiler there are 2 or 3 extra holes where i'd misjudged, but u couldnt c them so i wasnt bothered! Happy drilling! :lol:

ade
27-06-02, 11:32 AM
take a look on the STYLING forum - I posted a "lengthy" fitting guide (sort of a guide) the other week for a similar post.

The GSi spoiler bolts are angled - so's yer hatch so u need to bear that in mind. Something like 35 degrees. Line up the spoiler just above the hatch to get an idea of the drill angle. Carefully measure the distances from top to bottom and left to right for bolts - need to gto through 2 skins (outer and inner) - watch the washer tube inside. Also the washer that squirts the water on the hatch is smaller for the spoiler so u may need to mod that too - dont cut it down though coz you'll make it leak.
:wink:

Ade