PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ pmc!!!

spanishfly
27-06-02, 07:27 AM
I rang them yesterday to enquire about a cam! Had just got of the fone to courteney who reckemend there hi torque cam for the twin 40 set up! Any way PMC told me there have a cam ideal for the job a schrick (sp?) i said isn't that the same as the courteney one! He replied yes but this will give 10 bhp (10%) more power! I replied so does the courteney one! There reply 'did u say twin 40's, oh, that would give 15% as u have more power!!! then he said straight away ' wanna order it now!?

Why can't people just be honest and help u!!!

if n e 1 can recconmend a cam please do!! :)

ade
27-06-02, 11:16 AM
Ah the joys of a telesales call centre!
What were the differences in price from Courtney to PMC - seeing as how the cams are the same?

Intreagued how if theyre the same the PMC one can give more power than the other? You should have probed him further - backed him into a corner to see if he'd have sworn at u for knowing yer stuff! :D

MC
27-06-02, 04:49 PM
They aren't the same. Courtenay use a piper fast road cam with a slightly different profile. Speak to CP. He ordered a piper fr/rally cam that is specificly matched to twin 40's this will be the best option. It didn't idle that bad either, no different to most Nova's.

cornish
27-06-02, 05:23 PM
lol i still say go for the Kent Cams replica of the optional Nova Sport uprated cam - 298 degree duration!!!

I like the idea of this high torque cam though, as i should be running 40's soon. You got any more info on it?

benji
28-06-02, 12:11 AM
i want twin 40s on my 1.4sr but no one wants to sell me any :(

Dicko
28-06-02, 12:39 AM
im pretty sure the courtney cam has more mid range torque and the shrick has the power band higher up the rev range. so you would probably get a bit more bhp from the schrick cam but it would come in later so not neccesaraly better. all depends how/where u drive it hard.

iv found that when u call pmc ur best asking to speak to some1 with excellent technical knowledge, therefore you speak to some1 that knows what there on about rather than a ripoff salesman!!

paulrobo
28-06-02, 04:40 AM
i want twin 40s on my 1.4sr but no one wants to sell me any :(

i'll sel ya a set of twin 40's, no manifold though.

Shrick cams = plop!!! Well the one i have is anyway! Lol, ditched mine in favour of a mad ass lairy one! It was far to mild.

spanishfly
28-06-02, 05:36 PM
paul i'll buy carbs how much???? bought a manifold last night ?60 :) got to do clutch monday slipping!! :(
mc ring me please don't have ur new number!!!

paulrobo
28-06-02, 07:56 PM
if ya fetch em you can have em for ?150

spanishfly
29-06-02, 11:03 AM
have they got linkages and that???? are u going soe cruise tonight??? if so i'll have them :)

SpArKySR
29-06-02, 02:35 PM
paul lives about as far up north as u can get, so i doubt hell be goin tonight, :)

Dicko
29-06-02, 02:57 PM
why are you selling paul? wots up with them?

paulrobo
29-06-02, 11:24 PM
nowt wrong wiv em mate, got other plans stuff to be getting on wiv! They aint needed by me!

No linkages though.

I am in the midlands SpanishFly.