PDA

View Full Version : paintign a new gsi bumper

alan b
06-11-07, 05:20 PM
heys guys just wondering what kind of primer to use on it, its got that bubbly finish on it cheers.

Adam
06-11-07, 05:24 PM
Plastic primer, then filler primer.
Tho, if using spray cans, the filler primer wont fill the bubbly finish.

Only proper bodyshop spray gun filler primer does.

Martin
06-11-07, 05:45 PM
and make sure you give it agood key, the plank who painted the bumpers on my nova before i got it never did and needles to say its all cracked of lol

novacabrio
06-11-07, 06:24 PM
is it an unpainted GSI bumper? people will pay silly money for it, sell it and buy a bumper already painted and then just flat and paint that one? It will already be painted so wont have the texture feel anymore

alan b
07-11-07, 09:56 AM
nah bud i live in south ireland and getting a good gsi bumper is hard enough! the one a have is grand just the clipd are broke and its craked/ repaired at the bottom, i bought a brand new one two weeks ago plus new wings and grill as i want to tidy up mine and second hand parts here a hard to get and thereofre hard to sell! i wouldnt get anyone to buy the bumper off me over here.

DW-Nova
12-12-07, 08:30 PM
You say people pay silly money for plain black plastic gsi bumpers? you can actually still buy them brand new from online auto sport www.tuning.co.uk (http://www.tuning.co.uk) they aint even that expensive, bout 140 i think. and instock ready to go.

ade
12-12-07, 10:51 PM
see above sticky on how to paint a bumper (thats bobbly) - however if cant be ****d then give it to a body shop - cost you about ?50.

simple steps - key it, plastic prime it, smooth back, spray it, smooth back, lacquer it about 8 times - each coat smooth carefully - eventually the lacquer will level out over the bobbles.

Easy (if long)

NovaLad
13-12-07, 01:03 AM
You say people pay silly money for plain black plastic gsi bumpers? you can actually still buy them brand new from online auto sport www.tuning.co.uk (http://www.tuning.co.uk) they aint even that expensive, bout 140 i think. and instock ready to go.
Can't find um ... link me directly?