PDA

View Full Version : Stub Axle Bolts

nova1600
06-11-07, 02:10 PM
Does anybody know if hex bolts can be fitted to enable them to be tightened and torqued as I rounded the Socket screws (Allen head) taking them off while changing the stub axle last night. Phoned around a couple of fasteners and they have the bolts but not the socket screws. If I can get a socket in to the hext I'll be fine but I don't know if I have the space.

Anybody know. Kinda urgent?

Thanks

PS Is the Corsa B rear beam the same as a Nova beam?

craig green
06-11-07, 02:36 PM
No, Corsa B beam is different.

I think you will struggle to get a regular socket in the space to use hex head bolts.

The Haynes manual suggests using new stub axle bolts anyway, try getting a price from Vauxhall. I think they have a coating on them to stop them coming loose.

nova1600
06-11-07, 02:40 PM
Thanks here in Ireland Opel dealer say they can't be got through them anymore. Crap!

craig green
06-11-07, 02:58 PM
I'd say go & hunt some out at a breakers yard & wire brush them up & use Loctite thread lock on them. They'll be OK.

mikey14sr
06-11-07, 05:00 PM
The bolts off a corsa will fit, try your stealer for them. Only trouble is they tend to be external torx headed, meaning you'll need an 'E' socket for them.

nova1600
06-11-07, 05:02 PM
Thats great thanks. I'll try that. Corsa B I presume?

mikey14sr
06-11-07, 07:12 PM
Yep, they certainly looked the same when I was out looking for replacement stub axles!