PDA

View Full Version : time of truth

bosscav
06-11-07, 01:22 PM
well the beast is in for it's MOT later, been round her 4 times to final check itlol, can't see any problems unless I've missed some silly thing:wtf:

Stuart
06-11-07, 02:41 PM
yep youve missed something silly, and it will bug you lots when it fails because of it lol

Jack
06-11-07, 02:48 PM
I call fail, corrosion around rear suspension components

Both mine used to have that as a yearly tick on the sheet. Last MOT on the hatch I provisionally booked it in for welding even before the MOT lol

craig green
06-11-07, 02:57 PM
I call it Moment Of Truth.

I've never had a Nova go straight through the MOT in the 5 I've owned & the 9 years I've been driving them.

Good luck chap. Dont forget your cheque book! LOL

paul james
06-11-07, 04:52 PM
Mine passed its MOT today, after being off the road for 2 years!

Top Tip: Stick around for the MOT, don't go home

At first mine failed on C0 emissions, so I took charge, and adjusted the carbs untill the C0 reading was below the required level. Also they failed the headlights at first, they were too low and they couldnt adjust them, of course I sorted that out too.

Its wise to be there, not just to sort out problems the tester is too dumb to fix themselves, but to make sure they don't start failing it for non-exsistent problems, which has happened to me before - damaged brake lines that were totally fine.

bosscav
06-11-07, 05:45 PM
well here we go, first off she failed, most of the stuff is minor

both headlights insecure ( lower white plastic bit missing by the looks of things)

window washer jet blocked

cv boot split

rear o/s spring mount corrosion

now the major stuff:

both front brake pipes excessively deteriorated:cry:

could have been worse I guess, looks like I'll be having a dirty weekend againlol

JSeymour
06-11-07, 05:49 PM
try your luck with a different tester lol im dreeding getting my car mot'd though it shoundnt be as bad as prevous novas!

bosscav
06-11-07, 06:06 PM
must admit he was fair, just need to find the parts now, good excuse to fit s/steel brake lines, anyone got some for sale cheap by any chance lol

coombsey
06-11-07, 06:55 PM
mine has passed the last three times only a advisory on two rear wheel bearings which i knew about and were at home in the new drums i was fitting
not bad considering its 22 yrs old

mikey14sr
06-11-07, 07:08 PM

That isnt a minor fail, it's quite a large one! Mine failed this year on the same, but when I removed the spring from the other side (so I could get the beam low enough to get the grinder in), noticed that that one was shot aswell.

Adam
06-11-07, 07:15 PM
Mine passed its MOT today, after being off the road for 2 years!

Top Tip: Stick around for the MOT, don't go home
Agreed, "most" Mot testers ive met are right bastids tbh.
Things he can easily sort himself during the test, he doesn't etc.

Mines been through first go on its last three mot's.
Apart from the most recent one, failed on a few things which are taking an eternity to fix lol

Good luck sorting it, if the brake pipes are anything like mine were, it'll be a nightmare.

bosscav
06-11-07, 07:18 PM
That isnt a minor fail, it's quite a large one! Mine failed this year on the same, but when I removed the spring from the other side (so I could get the beam low enough to get the grinder in), noticed that that one was shot aswell.it's not actually on the mount it's self, but in the 30cm radius of it

db_1.2
06-11-07, 07:23 PM
well here we go, first off she failed, most of the stuff is minor

both headlights insecure ( lower white plastic bit missing by the looks of things)

window washer jet blocked

cv boot split

now the major stuff:

both front brake pipes excessively deteriorated:cry:

could have been worse I guess, looks like I'll be having a dirty weekend againlol

I thought you said you checked it 4 times?! Never had a problem with ANY of my 5 novas and MOT's touch cyber wood! But then again i always check mine and do mine way before the test.

bosscav
06-11-07, 07:36 PM
I thought you said you checked it 4 times?! Never had a problem with ANY of my 5 novas and MOT's touch cyber wood! But then again i always check mine and do mine way before the test.must have missed them:confused:

Riggy
06-11-07, 08:29 PM
lol unlucky with the fail, mine has gone through without any work the last 2 times , its not due to the end of this month but it wont be making it due to it haveing no engine and being preped for paint lol

Novasport
06-11-07, 08:35 PM
try your luck with a different tester lol im dreeding getting my car mot'd though it shoundnt be as bad as prevous novas!

MOT failures are failures for a reason! No wonder there are so many dangerous vehicles on the road if drivers have the same attitude as you!

I would rather my vehicle fail and sort the problem rather than drive a dangerous vehicle

SRimon
06-11-07, 10:23 PM
As above...

I've had my old rotten SR fail suprisingly...lol

And my 2.0 went straight through with the comment "cleanest nova i've seen in a long while" I was pleased with that lol