PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 8V>2.0 16V wiring

just vaux trev
05-11-07, 09:20 PM
im thinking of swapping my 2.0 8v to 16v do i have to swap the looms over again or can i use the 8v wiring and swap the ecu

John
05-11-07, 09:34 PM
you need to fit the loom and ecu from the xe. The 8v wiring doesn't fit at all.

just vaux trev
05-11-07, 09:39 PM
doh!
i brought the nova with the 8v in and there are loads of spare plugs hanging about the engine bay could it be a 16v loom ecu is the same too

John
05-11-07, 10:18 PM
doh!
i brought the nova with the 8v in and there are loads of spare plugs hanging about the engine bay could it be a 16v loom ecu is the same too

The 8v and 16v ecus are different. Does it run properly if you have spare plugs? If you're gonna fit an xe then i'd recommend you get it with matching loom and ecu.

just vaux trev
05-11-07, 10:32 PM
i already have the xe running in another nova and all bits needed just hate taking dash out the 2.0 8v does run ok but has no low down power and feels a bit of a harsh drive, then again the batt keeps dying on the 8v so i suppose it would be better all round to change the loom just do'nt want to find that the guy who put the 8v in has bodged things as the original fuel pump red/blue on the loom has'nt been used,

Paul
05-11-07, 10:33 PM
you shouldnt have to take dash out to change engine looms?

Lee
05-11-07, 10:37 PM
There shouldnt be any spare plugs hanging about. The only ones unused will be the temp sensor for the original dials from the donor car, and a green rev counter lead., plus the usual two leads which run to the dials themselves. All the rest are used.

If the red/blue hasnt been touched your fuel pump must run on constant as soon as you switch the ignition on surely??