PDA

View Full Version : my car

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 05:47 PM
Had a day off work today so i thought id go to the garage and give the nova a wash and take some pics as i dont think i have any one here :) tell me what you think i have my test on monday so i cant go to over the top yet:thumb:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb121/beattyhoskins/nearsidelow-1.jpg
this is my flocking skills:eek:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb121/beattyhoskins/flockedpod.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb121/beattyhoskins/frontlow.jpg
im currently waiting on some tyres for my 7" wide vw tsw alloys, 60mm drop suspention and 16v 2.0ltr brakes:thumb:

Dan 130
05-11-07, 05:49 PM
not bad loose the mirrors though

d171jvf
05-11-07, 05:51 PM
yeah the m3 mirrors are abit tacky, you can just get stubby nova ones.

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 05:52 PM
yer im thinking the same they love a good old shake lol may have to dig out the standard ones! cheers dan (anybody want to buy them???)

adam c
05-11-07, 06:26 PM
yeah take the mirrors off and gmax sticker and it will look nice.did you flock the dash yourself?maybe get a sri/gsi steering wheel as well?good luck with your test:thumb:

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 06:32 PM
cheers adam was kinda beging to think its **** lol yer im defo guna get rid of them mirrors and i want a different steering wheel (if any body has one for sale??) and thank you i really hope i pass ive been waiting soo long lol and yer i flocked the dash with the frost kit turned out pretty good tbh im in the process of doing the ash tray bit. Tom

NovaLad
05-11-07, 06:44 PM
Looking good about time we saw your nova!!!

euro sbd
05-11-07, 06:52 PM
really nice mate a good set of speedlines would set that off a treat, defo std mirrors or carbon fiber stalk ones

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the comments, going to have some pro race 1.2s in jan for my bday and some better buckets but i want to sort out the running gear over the winter. tom

scott.parker
05-11-07, 07:20 PM
That looks really good mate, yeah just mirrors as everyone els said.

doh! i gave my GSi wheel away about a month ago, you could of had it for nothing...

gool luck on test.

PS:how much was it to flock dash?

Scott

Mike
05-11-07, 07:21 PM
Liking the front bumper chap. Giving me ideas to do one for my front mount....

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 07:24 PM
scott i did the dash myself with the frost kit and last of the nova sr`s i bought the bumper off nudz sr off here and its totaly fibreglass much lighter than the standard gsi jobbie would be great for an intercooler. Tom

Ernie
05-11-07, 07:51 PM
Looks sweet fella but as said ditch the mirrors and i may have an GTE steering wheel soon i will let you know.Also good luck with your test.

vaughanmc
05-11-07, 07:53 PM
Flocking looks alright

Is it a hard job?

Ernie
05-11-07, 07:56 PM
looks flocking bang on to me lol.

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 08:05 PM
looks flocking bang on to me lol.

hahaha um i did it once and it was a little bit patchy due to not enough glue so i washed it all off and covered the thing in glue (till it was dripping off) and had another go and when i came to brush it off the next day it was pretty smooth and even:) couldnt get it any better without an electrostatic applicator, going to go do my ash tray bit in a sec while stenders is on lol :thumb:

Ernie
05-11-07, 08:23 PM
I would get down to the breakers mate and get some spare ones run of as think your onto a winner there.

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 08:38 PM
I would get down to the breakers mate and get some spare ones run of as think your onto a winner there.

slightly confused there lol :confused::confused::confused: flock to sell??

euro sbd
05-11-07, 09:45 PM
slightly confused there lol :confused::confused::confused: flock to sell??

yeah bud you could make yourself a bit of cash there, loads of people like flock dashes very cool indeed:cool:

craig green
05-11-07, 09:54 PM
Get more spare dashes...flock them & sell for profit.

Flocked binnacle looks good though I agree. Need to lose the mirrors & get a nice chunky leather steering wheel, poverty spec ones hurt the hands.

Cool car for a first motor though.

FUSION X16XE
05-11-07, 10:11 PM
tbh i was thinking if enough people are intrested i could purchase a electrostatic applicator and see how much postage would be as i may be able to do it cheaper than suffork flocking services and the like but it all depends on if i can get a cheap applicator as for the steering wheel its a nightmare lol its like driving a bus lol and as for the cool first car comment nobody likes it UNTILLL theve been in it and then they just dont understand how a 1ltr engine does it lol probs just my speedo tho reading 60 in 2nd gear?