PDA

View Full Version : Convert 1.2 carb (peirburg) to a 1.2 injection possible??

craigapuk
26-06-02, 02:51 PM
Is it possible to convert the standard k1 1.2 carb engine to a 1.2 injection ?? Just wondered if the injection requires and electronic ignition or electronic fuel pump. Can you tell me what i need to do the job if its possible.

Cheers

Ste_Nova
26-06-02, 03:25 PM
a conversion that removes 10bhp isn't recomended

craigapuk
26-06-02, 03:29 PM
I thought it would increase bhp, how come it reduces it? Do you know what i need to fit some twin 40's to it. I know its not recommended with a 1.3, would you advise against installing twins on a 1.2?

Rich Dale
03-07-02, 05:35 AM
Ste.....I've been wondering if the loss of power with the 1.2i is purely 'cos of the cat?

If you removed that, would a 1.2i be more powerful than a 1.2 carb?

Just wondering if anyone's done it to try?

Ste_Nova
09-07-02, 11:33 AM
Ste.....I've been wondering if the loss of power with the 1.2i is purely 'cos of the cat?

If you removed that, would a 1.2i be more powerful than a 1.2 carb?

Just wondering if anyone's done it to try?

yup i fitted a 1.2 carb system to my 1.2i..... made it louder... not faster

neiloakley
09-07-02, 12:46 PM
why you want injection? I am ripping the injection system off my 2.0 8v cos with a set of webbers on you can get FAR more power out of it.

Save some money and get yourself a set of twin webbers with new inlet mani, set of cams, and get the head gas flowed and compression ration lowered. Then it will be FAST as FCUK

Rich Dale
10-07-02, 11:46 PM
I have to say I love having injection on my GTE.....less hassle than carbs can be....cold running, freezing etc.

I agree carbs rule over injection for raw power but some peeps like to have economy too, so injection suites 'em.
I'd maybe go for twin carbs on my GTE if I could afford the fuel bills (and afford the parts in the first place!), but the GTE is my everyday car so needs to be economical and reliable without needing servicing and tuning a lot.
My other car will be my fun car.....that's gonna get twin carbs etc. :) (if I ever get time to finish it that is!)

Ste....interesting....