PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know??

Anonymous
24-10-00, 10:23 PM
How would i connect a battery to the original one to run another amplifier?? and any suggestions on placing it in a certain position anywhere in the car would help too, if u know any, thanx!

Anonymous
24-10-00, 11:19 PM
i actually know a bit bout this, dont you need to get a bigger alternator or summit so that when the engine runs it charges both batteries. As i recall if you use one of those dooflops out of a calibre that should provide enough power for your AMP. You should also get a gelled filled battery if you are gonna put it in the boots, so that if it leaks you dont get burnt. Rememebr children always ask your parents if you need to use a sharp blade or a pair of scissors.

Right, lets watch all the replies as everybody tells me i'm wrong.

cheers

davo

Anonymous
25-10-00, 12:27 AM
join the + on one battery to the + on the other and the - on one battery to the - on the other. still 12volts but more current available.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 09:51 AM
The Gel filled battery is a very good idea, also because of batery fumes. A gel filled battery can also provide more current than a normal lead acid which is what you need with the bass thumping away, you can mount them any way up aswell! You need a big fuse on the + cable at each end so if the wire gets damaged the car won,t catch fire! Strap it down so if you crash you don't get a bloody great lump of lead rattling round in the car with you. Also fuse all the outputs to the amps.

Anonymous
25-10-00, 05:12 PM
m8 buy a gel battery cause they can be mounted anywhere in the car(even upside down),and cause there sealed they don't leak the only prob wi them is there expensive(about ?250 for a yellow top)