PDA

View Full Version : Police!!!

lynhok
03-11-07, 02:22 AM
Ive just been hit with a ?30 fine for faulty washer-jets?!?!?!?! ?30!!!!!!
Just driving my friend home, going along a dual carrageway in the slow lane,
when a 106 Rallye Sport came racing past and then came the blue lights behind me!!!
then some police guy shouting at me saying i shouldnt drive like a ****head (55mph)

the car search:

ok sorry officer i know the rear arch on my nova is rusty and i know the paint isnt perfect (was e am so dont know how he could see these things)
yes sir all my lights work yes ive got insurance and everything but your still going to fine me?
for a washer jet!

Anyone else had an incedent like this?
i mean im still going to pay the fine:mad: but hey just want to know:thumb:

Nick
03-11-07, 05:14 AM
Technically it's a 3 point offence !

womble sri
03-11-07, 07:32 AM
what a neon one? if so and i was the ploice oficer it would of ben an instant ban

bosscav
03-11-07, 08:45 AM
sounds about right, pulled for no real reason, your should have been comitting a crime of some sort you wouldn't get pulled then

JSeymour
03-11-07, 10:05 AM
welcome to the world of owning a nova, though saying that ive only been pulled over twice in 6 months with the current nova.

lynhok
03-11-07, 10:46 AM
yeah its only standard single jet washers you know the anccient ones it rolled out the factory with. With owning a black nove i think those silver things would look wrong and rather chavvy
Guess im very lucky then if it could have been points,
but thats the 8th time ive been pulled! i only passed my test in march!

L33 LEG
03-11-07, 10:47 AM
iv had some random fines in my time, but never for washer jets lol, unlucky. think the best fine i got once was for riding with no lights on my pushbike ha!

it doesnt help owning a nova aswell, within the past month iv got pulled over for going to slow (was going 25mph thru town at the same speed as the copper Lol), for pulling into the road that i live on (looked suspicous), and it was raining and i was driving close to the windscreen so i got pulled over becuase he thought i was drunk!?

Jack
03-11-07, 11:11 AM
A lot of it is to do with owning a Nova, especially if you're young. I've been pulled a few times in the Nova, but the only time I've been nicked in the Celica was for going rather fast, in which case he had a legit reason to pull me over.

I also think its a lot to do with attitude, which again comes into your age - some coppers see a young driver in a Nova (its not just us, other small hatchbacks get it too) and think they're about to be faced with some illiterate and angry chav. Whenever I was pulled over in the Nova, I wouldn't just sit there like a lemon, I'd get out and approach the policeman. Don't wind him up and he'll probably treat you a lot better. Its hard to talk down to someone who's being assertive!

lynhok
03-11-07, 11:16 AM
i know being sencible and not having a go is good so i was like i am at work you know yes sir, sorry sir, three bags full sir.

Iain
03-11-07, 11:17 AM
I'd get out and approach the policeman. Don't wind him up and he'll probably treat you a lot better. Its hard to talk down to someone who's being assertive!

Same, last time I got pulled, for bringing "unwanted attention" to myself for accelerating off the lights quicker than most grandma's would, I hopped out and greeted him with a "good morning". He did accuse me of driving too fast (which I wasn't), and then told me he'd done 80-90 to catch me up! Fcuking hypocrite. TBH I just think he wanted to admire my blingin' ride.

bosscav
03-11-07, 11:40 AM
a mate at college got pulled 9 times in one day once lol, but then he does drive a chaved clio lol

L33 LEG
03-11-07, 11:46 AM
agreed with you shouldnt be cocky and dont have an attitude. in my first few years of driving i did exactly that, i then took 18months off from driving and when i cam back onto the roads i 'grew' up a little and the police that know me dont bother with me anymore and when we do meet, we talk rather than argue Lol.

i learnt the hard way tho :(

dannyb
03-11-07, 11:53 AM
TBH I've never seen any point getting wound up at the Police when getting pulled - its like when you were at school, there was no point getting aggro then as you'll never win against the institution by being aggressive!

Is it the seal on the washer bottle thats given way so it doesn't hold fluid anymore or the pump itself? Mine failed MOT on not being able to hold fluid so I silicone sealed it up!

General Baxter
03-11-07, 11:53 AM
lol stick a SR sticker in your window and get pulled every day even in a 406 saloon lol

Luke.b
03-11-07, 11:57 AM
i was driving home one night and it had been raining,so obviously the road was wet,it was doing under 30 so i wasnt speeding and all of a sudden i had the blue lights in my mirror,pulled over, got all the normal questions, i asked why i id been stopped his reply was " i noticed the tread on your tyres are low" he looked at me funny as i was stood there with a grin on face.i said your more than welcome to check them,knowing fullwell that a week proir to this id had 4 new tyres put on.after him checking them and now knowing what i was grinning at he let me go on my way.

lynhok
03-11-07, 12:00 PM
that sounds about rite, the strange thing is i didnt get a producer or anything other than the fine

General Baxter
03-11-07, 12:02 PM
no need for producers now, all done by computer in about 1/2 second lol

lynhok
03-11-07, 12:05 PM
true i did hand my licence over asap so maby that helped

Luke.b
03-11-07, 12:15 PM
thing is tho they must have super natural vision as it was at night,wet and as was actually driving so obviosly my wheels were moving.

mikey14sr
03-11-07, 02:15 PM
In 7 years of driving nova's I only got pulled by the bacon once! Sure I got follwed by them on the odd occassion, mainly on the way to work at 6:30am back in the '90s, but they never did anything more than that. The one time I did get pulled over was around 8pm on a thursday night driving across town to see a mate, but that was just a routine "it's almost winter, lets check a few cars over" stop-check jobbie. They commented on the size of my exhaust (BB4, one of the better early ones), but that was all. That must have been 9 years ago now.

scott.parker
03-11-07, 03:16 PM
Hummm..well im not to sure they pull anyone to try and "bump the end of month figures or anything" but it helps lol.

I use to get pulled over almost every time i went out in my old xr2i, and once you have been done for speeding or something every time they call in the Reg of that car they will stop you, and that what happened every time in the fiesta.

As for the nova i think i was pulled over at the most 4 times in as many years..

One time was on way home from work, WPC steeped up and said is this your car (i sarcastically said nope Ive just stole it) then said yes just on my way home from work,she said OK take care! lol
other time i got done for a fined fro a small front plate.

And this was the funnyest time,i was pulled over on way home from a novaload MK meet, a corsa was behind me and then went flying past me on a dual carriage way,and the cop came onto the DCW and then pulled me over.
i steeped out the car (not always the good thing to do) as he thought i was going to have a go at him, i said hello and ask what seamed to be the problem, he started realling into me about not helping being a boy racer with big tail trims and the likes making noise,
you don't help your self i hard you mile off etc etc,
i said that it was not me he could hear it was a corsa that went past speeding,and just as he was about to talk again the corsa flew past, in he jumped and went after it lol

there not out to make life hard, but the nova has bad press and rep,so they think thy know you,or your type and are ready to be on the attack.

Scott

raymond
03-11-07, 03:50 PM
ive never been pulled in the blue one yet but not that it bothers me i drive ligit and the stupid driving i save for the track

out of interest im putting headlight washers on my grille could i be subject to a fine if they dont work properly

Spudly
03-11-07, 04:09 PM
ive never been pulled in the blue one yet but not that it bothers me i drive ligit and the stupid driving i save for the track

out of interest im putting headlight washers on my grille could i be subject to a fine if they dont work properly

I wouldnt have thought so as for one, theyre not OE fitted to the car and two the only reason you can get done for faulty washers or empty washer bottle is because if you get something on the screen and are incapable of washing said "something" off it can obscure your vision and therefore you are driving dangerously in their eyes iirc!

lynhok
03-11-07, 04:53 PM
my washer bottle was full its just so old it got some sludgy stuff in the pipes and just earlier that day mush have clogged the washer

Jack
03-11-07, 05:01 PM
Nope. AFAIK the law only applies to windscreen washers, not headlamp washers.

Ash
03-11-07, 06:53 PM
lol my favourite time i got pulled over was when I was 'racing' a friend in a fiesta - to be fair we were having a blat...

Story is, I was in front with mate behind as we came 'flying' out of a slip road, raced down to the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway and as we came round the roundabout I noticed the police carcoming down the other way, my friend didn't, so he went flying on by whilst I dropped to the limit, then he noticed the cop as well. We both pulled over and i'll never forget this - the opening line was 'You could almost say you were racing!' in a joking tone. He then followed to tell me our 'driving errors'

eg:
If my friend had to brake hard for traffic coming out of the slip road I would of hit him... I really had to bite my lip here, because I was the one in front, also as I was 'behind' in an older car (6 months lol) my brake wouldn't be as good... I didn't have the heart to tell him I had 2.0 16v brakes and my friend had only 1.1 fiesta brakes
Also we were told he had to hit 80-90 to catch us up, so we must of been doing the same lol I offered him to drive the car to see if he could hit 80mph in it, in such a short distance. Both cops were cool, it kinda turned into a joke, plus they were interested in what we had done to the cars. They understood that if we had spent that kind money on your cars then we would of had tax, mot, insurance, etc

ade
04-11-07, 12:23 AM
only been pulled once - and that was for overtaking a copper in a 30 zone. He was doing 25mph (according my nova's "accurate" speedo) - he was on the inside lane of a "dual carriage way" (double lane but still 30!) - I needed to take the right so I could go round a roundabout into my works car park.
He looked at me, I looked at him, i turned right into car park, he doubled back and pulled up next to me whilst I was walking to office.
Asked how fast I was going blah blah blah - his mate went over the checked car out - he asked how fast i was going when i passed him. I said 30. he said so how fast do you think I was going. I said according to my accurate speedo 25. He laughed and let me go.

lol

mowgli
04-11-07, 10:49 AM
I did once get a traffic copper to crawl thru a puddle of my p1ss.

I was driving a huge scania on a dual carriageway when the rear brake pipe blew off, causing it to emergency stop from 50mph. I had a p1ss then crawled underneath to fix it. Then I saw 2 sets of police shoes. 'ello ello ello, what do we have here then'
I yelled back what had happened, then this copper asked 'how do you do that, for the next time I see a truck stopped?'
I replied that if he crawled underneath, i'd show him, & he did, thru the p1ss!!!

lynhok
04-11-07, 11:55 AM
Nice. nice to get some secret revenge

d171jvf
04-11-07, 12:08 PM
i used to get pulled for doing jaff all in the ibiza sport, just so they could have a skeg at my motor lol.

havent been pulled yet in the nova, touch wood.

NOVA_LEE
04-11-07, 02:29 PM
i got pulled twice in the same nite in me red nova also twice in the same month in me current nova, police just expect them to be stolen half the time

General Baxter
04-11-07, 02:42 PM
yes but as said before, you would be happy if it got nicked, and they pulled the twocer

Jim Mcrae
04-11-07, 03:39 PM
yes but as said before, you would be happy if it got nicked, and they pulled the twocer

Cant see many TWOCers kindly pulling over for the police in a nova TBH