PDA

View Full Version : c14se engine problem

Damo
02-11-07, 06:27 PM
my astra has an intermitant fault when the temp rises over half way the engine loses power its like ive only got a 1.0 in there but if i drive it normal for a while it steadily regains power it also does it sometime when i park it up an then go back an start it up if i want to boot it it just makes a lot of noise through the air filter ive changed loads of things bnut nothing seems to work ive changed tps sensor, idle speed valve, coil pack, injecters, lambda sensor, and coolant switch ivbe even cleaned the fuel pump and throttle body has any one got any ideas ps i know its not a nova but they share the same engine. any help would be great cheers damen.

mikey14sr
03-11-07, 02:26 PM
Does it have a MAP sensor or an Air-Flow-Meter?

Adam
03-11-07, 02:57 PM
C14=Map

Have you changed the coolant sensor for the ecu, NOT for the gauge.

mikey14sr
03-11-07, 03:04 PM
C14=Map

Have you changed the coolant sensor for the ecu, NOT for the gauge.

And not the one for the rad fan as well Adam!

Adam
03-11-07, 03:16 PM
Aye, when ive been to vaux before for a "coolant temp sensor", they've bought the rad fan switch out of the store room :roll: lol

mikey14sr
03-11-07, 03:41 PM
Oh, by the way, the coolant sensor for the fuel injection is the one under the dizzy or coil pack;)

Damo
03-11-07, 11:27 PM
yea changed the coolant sensor under the coil pack and also changed the map sensor but stil no difference.

craig green
04-11-07, 12:09 AM
I'd try a new CTS & check the plug & wires going to it aswell.

Map sensors are known to go dicky aswell, maybe chek the small hose to it isnt perished or cracked.