PDA

View Full Version : c20 xe misfire

trota1312
02-11-07, 07:55 AM
well, first i wana say hi 2 every1 as im new here but the next thing im gna have to say is HELP!!

i done an engine conversion into my nova its now a C20 XE and ever since fitting it iv had a problem with a misfire it struggles to start first of all especially when cold??
then it will tickover fine.. as you accelerate it will reach approx 2000 rpm then really hesitate to go as if u switched her off??
but if you floor it she flies like a rocket and after about 3500 rpm its fine???
iv dun the basics ie plugs, leads, compression test and just cnt get my head round it but this is making it a pain 2 use so is just sitting there with a redtop in it not doing nothing :confused: :confused:

what could it possibly be im guessing a sensor maybe?????

hope sum1 can help or at least give me a sense of wer the problem COULD be im running out of ideas.

thanks to whoever can help and pics will be up soon

oh and what a gr8 site!! love it.

thanks again steve.

Welsh Dan
02-11-07, 08:22 AM
Did you wire up the management light?

trota1312
02-11-07, 12:13 PM
no didnt wire a management light up thats the problem i have no way of reading the codes if there are any but there is no engine management light on dash
do you know any way i can wire this in or wat wires to look 4??

also i didnt mention that the car used to be a 1.2 spi
then converted to a 1.6 on twin 40s and now the XE but im unsure of what wiring loom is in there lol im just stumped with it!!

Welsh Dan
02-11-07, 01:12 PM
spi will have a management light, failing that wire your own bulb up.

trota1312
03-11-07, 08:09 PM
no way of wiring a light up as i dnt have the know how also there is no plug for a code reader to connect to!

chimp007_uk
05-11-07, 09:30 PM
i'm having the exact same problem with my c20seh! have you had any luck?

Paul
05-11-07, 09:46 PM
hmm, what fuel pump are you using?

Engine management light is brown and blue wire on XE loom from green plug and in back of nova dials.

The EML should stay on then go out once that car fires up, if it stays on theres a fault.

Is petrol getting through the rail nicely(press nipple should squirt out, not trickle). DONT DO WHEN ENGINES HOT!!! lol

It seems funny that its ok from 3500rpm upwards and not the other way round lol, usually id say fuel pump is still spi, but it does sound as though its been changed.

Paul

chimp007_uk
05-11-07, 09:53 PM
mines very similar... its wont start via the key and needs to be bumped! then it idles, but misses slighty when revved and under load, its dies at 4.5-5k and needs to be backed off, fuelling is not a problem, there's plenty gettign through! i think its a timing issue

trota1312
06-11-07, 03:45 PM
i think i sorted it i changed air idle control valve checked fuel pressure all seems fine but put it on rollng road and then had them tune up the mixture it was all way out now its sorted! thanks hope this helps!

still gna wire up an eml though this should help next time!

trota1312
10-11-07, 01:00 PM
nope it's not :(:( f@*$ing car needs a match put to it!!!!!!