PDA

View Full Version : Global warming.............discuss

Philsutton
01-11-07, 06:55 PM
Today I am mostly bored of Global warming, getting seriously sick of hearing about it and the lies that come hand in hand with it. Here is some information all taken from published scientific papers in the last few years that seems to get pushed aside because they are out of our control an thus not a good money making scheme.

1.C02 levels

Now the main thing that is being hammered into everyone?s head with regards to the causes of global warming is the rising level of CO2 in the atmosphere. But wait it was discovered in 1999 that in the past when going through warm periods there was very low CO2 levels. I.e. 6 degrees warmer over the whole planet (which is quite a lot) and yet still have lower C02 levels than we currently have now (about 180-290 parts per million by volume, compared to the current level of 360 ppmv.). But when the planet experienced a cooling down period, Iceage the C02 levels increased. Basically means that it doesn?t directly affect the temperature of the planet, just a coincidence that its currently rising with the temperature.

2.Solar Magnetism

Researchers have noted that the solar wind "drags some magnetic flux out of the Sun to fill the heliosphere with a weak interplanetary magnetic field." These fields block cosmic rays that contain charged ion particles that contribute to the formation of ice crystals and water drops in the atmosphere, increasing cloud cover. A reduction in cosmic ray influence reduces cloud cover, allowing more sunlight to reach the earth. At its simplest this means that an increased magnetic field in the sun will increase the temperature on Earth. Guess what? Yes that?s right the magnetic field from the sun has increased at the same rate that the temperature of the planet has been increasing almost doubling in 100 years
Also to strengthen this theory Mars has simultaneously undergone global warming at the same rate as Earth, which definitely suggest that something outside the planet is to blame. Mars and Earth have experienced periodic ice ages throughout their histories, which can be explained by solar activity, from changes in the suns output. Oh another thing the magnetic field is directly related to the brightness of the sun, which is in turn related to the temperature. So if the sun increases in output then it will be sending out more energy which will in turn effect any planets in the system and with that comes the increase in magnetic field.

3. Alaska weather cycle

Warmer temperatures in Alaska over the last few years have been cited as evidence of global warming. But as with other types of anecdotal evidence no research has linked Alaskas warming spell with greenhouse gases. Now scientists believe that the warming period is a result of a natural 25-year cycle that causes climatic conditions in Alaska to swing back and forth between cold and warm periods.
The recurring weather cycle is called the Pacific (inter) Decadal Oscillation (PDO), and scientists believe that Alaska has "just finished roughly 25 years of good fishing, warmer ocean temperatures, early ice pack melt-offs and fairly mild winters." Now Alaskans can "look forward to about 25 years of gray summers, harsh winters, poor fish returns and a lingering ice pack." In fact, it has already begun. Salmon fishing in Bristol Bay has deteriorated significantly in the last two years, water temperatures in the Gulf of Alaska have cooled this year and the melting of the Arctic ice pack is long overdue. Similar conditions existed in the 1960s with very harsh winters.
According to scientists at the University of Washingtons Joint Institute for the Study of Atmosphere and Oceans, the 25-year pattern can be traced back 300 years. The PDO also influences the pattern of salmon returns. When salmon returns are high in Alaska they are low in Washington and Oregon, and vice versa. In 1915, for example, "Bristol Bay salmon returns were abysmal when Washington and Oregon had one of the best salmon fishing years in history," and "in 1939, the Bristol Bay catch was regarded as one of the greatest in history, while Washington and Oregon recorded one of the worst" (Anchorage Daily News, June 7, 1999).

There is lots of evidence that suggest and prove that C02 levels are not to blame for the global warming that we are experiencing, not sure how we got to where we are as most physicists have very different views and there research shows it. Yet their work is pushed aside and kept away from the public. Really don?t know where they find these ?scientists? that support the greenhouse gases theory, as it?s the biggest pile of ****, and possibly the biggest hoax to date. Its number one of things that I hate, and that is quite a big list. Is it eve possible to get the goverment to change over this matter?

Discuss

BigStan
01-11-07, 07:00 PM
I dont think im going to read all that, lol

paddy138
01-11-07, 07:25 PM
are you saying that cars and factories arent the blame for global warming

Philsutton
01-11-07, 07:28 PM
yes

paddy138
01-11-07, 07:31 PM
so what is. they would still have an affect tough i think

burgo
01-11-07, 07:31 PM
global warming is quite simply, bollocks

Philsutton
01-11-07, 07:33 PM
so what is. they would still have an affect tough i think

did you not read my post? lol

Jack
01-11-07, 07:39 PM
What creates the most carbon "pollution"?

Your car? No.

A factory? No.

A power station? No.

Cows farting/sheep burping? No.

The seas. The oceans. Large bodies of water give off vast quantities of carbon gases.

How much of the atmosphere is carbon dioxide? Less than 1%. Of that quantity, human interaction is responsible for a minuscule percentage. Reducing our carbon footprint isn't going to do fcuk all tbh.

Found this chart on Wikipedia the other day, omfg how it made me laugh:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Global_Warming_Predictions.png

Note how the predicted area is wildly above what has happened recently. Its like someone sneezed on the chart lol

Are the Arctic ice caps melting because the planet is heating up? Or is the melting of the northern ice caps causing the planet to heat up? You'll be pleased to note the Antarctic is apparently getting cooler, but of course nobody tells you that.

Incidentally, you'll also note the whole blurb about global warming became popular in the 80s when a certain PM was trying to kill off the mining industry...

Philsutton
01-11-07, 07:42 PM
Good im no the only one that thinks that then but can you put that into a pie chart at all to jazz it up some?

paddy138
01-11-07, 07:43 PM
sorry phil there was that much i got mixed up. is it something governments have made up so that they can charge extra taxes on our cars fuel etc..

Philsutton
01-11-07, 07:46 PM
wouldnt say "made" up but certainly played it up to be more than it is. Also what ever happened to the Ozone? havent heard the hippys rant on about that for ages, that was the sole cause of the destruction of the human race in the 80s lol

Jack
01-11-07, 07:49 PM
Well as this chart clearly shows, 13% of 100% is attributed to "Mastercam". 13% is far more than 12%, and ergo must therefore be caused by global warming.

http://www.chartexample.com/chart_example/images/pie_chart_(lo_res).jpg

novabex
01-11-07, 07:52 PM
I'll be dead by the time the earth is proper ****ed.

Philsutton
01-11-07, 08:01 PM
so will the human race no doubt, the way its going backwards at the moment. I also found this on nasa's website, shows the relationship between bigmac's sold and the deviation from the general orbit of the planet. Bit worrying dont you think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/philsutton/nasa.jpg

Jack
01-11-07, 08:10 PM
As you can see from the results of my extensive research over the past 10 seconds, there is a clear and defined correlation between % of population being chavs and general global temperature

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/chav-temp.gif

novabex
01-11-07, 08:12 PM
I've missed you lot. lol

novabex
01-11-07, 08:12 PM
I personally think the over use of toasters is making the earth hotter.

General Baxter
01-11-07, 08:16 PM
its all my fault sorry lol

my tax if ?400 a year lol

Philsutton
01-11-07, 08:18 PM
The loops in that graph show the real problem ahead of us.

The solution to all energy problems? The efficiency by using this new type of bike is off the scale.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0105910/images/square_wheels.jpg

ade
01-11-07, 10:06 PM
I remember seeing that on "HOW!" back in the 70's!

It's all a bag of sh1te tbh and I'm also sick of the global warming epidemic thats "killing" us.

The latest one I thinks hilarious is the carbon footprint and how the UK's targets are well off because the Government havent taken into account that although we are (as a nation) more greener and are more efficient, the money we are saving through efficiency we're actually spending on more consumer goods which by the very nature of how they are made its actually increasing the overal carbon footprint of all of us.

So on that basis, If I keep recycling and using lolw energy light bulbs I've earned the right to stick the heater on in my garage with the door open and use my high power sander the sand back a inch thick blob of filler off the front of my pre cat Nova!

Matt
02-11-07, 12:37 AM
The earths climate has been changing for millions of years, getting warmer and colder gradually over time.

The planet is currently warming again naturally.

Global warming is a load of bullsh!t and theories that suggest emissions from cars, factories etc can have affects on the earths climatic behaviour is rediculous. The earths atmosphere is waaaaaaaaaay to big!

Well thats how I see it anyway...

Matt

Jack
02-11-07, 08:22 AM
This week, with no car, I have been getting lifts to work from my mate (Whoa! Carshare! Look at me helping the environment!). Whilst waiting for him to pick me up, I've had the (mis)fortune of being so bored that I've been forced to have a quick read through the newspaper my dad buys each day - Daily Express. In amongst all the Princess Diana and Madeleine McCann bollocks are some real gems of pseudo-journalism.

One such article stuffed amongst the general tripe today was about the uncannily warm temperature yesterday (1st November) and featured a kid on the beach, in the sea (lord forbid). No mention of course that at this time of year the sea is actually surprisingly warm, but still.

I quote from that article:

Climate change will mean that within 30 years, scorching summers where temperatures exceed 100'F will become routine, increasing the mortality rate, causing crime to rise and the economy to falter.
Holy sh!t. Global warming means criminals will steal my stuff. Because, as we all know, criminals don't come out in the cold.

And all the old people will die. Because, as we all know, old people love the winter.

It gets better.

Consumers were now on the "tipping point" of viewing non-green businesses in the same way as clothing companies accused of using child labour
I don't have a clue what companies are green. Funnily enough, I buy products on each items individual merits rather than by how green the parent company is, or the size of its carbon ar$ehole. And I would safely bet that most of the average Joes out on the street are similarly in the dark.

J4MES
02-11-07, 10:53 AM
Global warming is happening, however as part of natural climate change over the last Quaternary. We are currently experiencing a temperature 'spike', not influenced by C02 levels-these levels are merely a bi-product of the temperature increasing.

Whats being over stated (by money grabbing governments and NGO's) is how much influence we have over this temperature change-which is almost nil!!

Ask any independant researcher about this and they will confirm it, almost all research that is released to the media is funded by governments or NGO's with vested interests in creating and exploiting this natural event.

smcgsi16v
02-11-07, 11:04 AM
The warming is part of a cycle due to solar flairing from he sun. Fact.
End of story.
Global warming is an over used word by the media to descirbe whats happening, which is true but and a big but the full story and the real reasons are never discussed only the ones which which people can react to to are put on the table for people to digest.

J4MES
02-11-07, 11:21 AM
to state that solar flaring is the only reason for temperature change is very naive, solar flaring is only one THEORY, involving athmospheric circulation, however the study of the quaternary (geological record) provides us with more information on temperature change over a larger period.

Jack
02-11-07, 12:40 PM
There's discrepancies as well with regard to heat distribution in the atmosphere and solar flares.

Lee
02-11-07, 12:53 PM
Its all spin to separate us from our cash. As per usual. The money for the MP's claiming ?68,000 expenses from all the stationary theyve been buying has to come from somewhere at the end of the day. Green Taxes are just another way of making money.

Hmm, charging us in relation to how much we throw away each week. Thats nice. Of course it would be easier to go to Mr Tesco and demand that his products are not wrapped up 6 times in penguin choking plastics, but then that would mean the council dont get their beer money.

If that scheme takes off, i WILL be unwrapping everything at the supermarket and leaving the packaging behind. Fuc em!

Ive said it before in threads similar to this, and Ill say it again. Stop moaning, your British, and that means 'stiff upper lip and bare it'. Alternatively, be more french and set fire to Westminster.

Jack
02-11-07, 01:04 PM
Hmm, charging us in relation to how much we throw away each week. Thats nice. Of course it would be easier to go to Mr Tesco and demand that his products are not wrapped up 6 times in penguin choking plastics, but then that would mean the council dont get their beer money.
Thats the exact thing I said to a mate the other day. TBH if they introduced that round here, I'd be inclined to subtract the charge amount from the council tax, as thats what currently pays for refuse collection - seen as we'd be paying for it seperately, there's no need to pay that amount twice.

Alternatively, be more french and set fire to Westminster.
Come back Guido, all is forgiven.

Philsutton
02-11-07, 06:13 PM
The only thing that they have got going for all this going green is saving you money ect.. which isnt bad its the bull**** they feed along with it. Another thing I find seriosuly piss funny is all the rich people driving round in electric cars that you plug into your house socket to charge. Do they realise that the power that comes from there is made even less efficiently. They seem to think that power out of the wall is like magic and makes them feel better by doing so.

It seems the general population finds it hard to not mass believe in bullsh*t, I mean it used to be religion (an still is to some point) but the ones that have moved on are now obsessed with more brain washing bed time stories.

Also if they charge you for rubbish just burn it, you cant harm the atmosphere anyway.

When Ive got myself the funds im going to go to mars an start my own civilisation, we have the technology to do so already but people would rather spend the money either blowing each other up, or paying people that cant be ****d to work.

Lee
02-11-07, 06:57 PM
Your gonna struggle really badly with traction issues on Mars due to the lower gravity.

Id go to Jupiter instead!

Philsutton
02-11-07, 07:01 PM
yep but us lardy block owners get the extra bonus of weight, plus I already have plans drawn up to get a bigger turbo spin it around on the front of the car an use turn it into a jet engine using the thrust pointing upwards to push the car down and what ever I need to go back into the engine.

Jack
02-11-07, 07:55 PM
Mars has an atmosphere of 92% CO2 apparently. Yet the average surface temperature there is -46'c! Proof that all this "carbon in the atmosphere causes global warming" talk is tosh!

Well, good enough for me anyway.

[edit] Wikipedia also says the reddish colour of mars is caused by Iron Oxide, i.e. rust. A rusty planet. So Novas would fit in well there then lol

Nick
03-11-07, 05:19 AM
Can't be bothered to read the 4 pages.

But the way i see it is that the planet is in a natural cycle.... it's not THAT long ago that we were in an ice age. The planet has been much hotter than this in the past, Obviously this is going to be exacerbated by human interaction, but i dont see it as a monumental impact.

People are just pranging because they've done something stupid like... buy a house next to the sea or invest in a 5 billlion dollar mansion resting on an iceberg.

Philsutton
03-11-07, 05:43 PM
very true, but surely the trees must come into this whole matter at some point?

paul james
03-11-07, 06:07 PM
Its not a natural change

Its not emissions causing global warming

Its both. Yet most people don't seem to see it this way, because they have an agenda behind their arguement. The goverment is currently droaning on about global warming as an excuse to squeeze more money out of people. We have to charge more for car tax to save the world!, and if you complain about it that must mean you want the world to end! You'll notice the government not trying to save the world in anyway that actually costs them money - like providing better public transport so people don't have to rely on their cars to get to work on time.

Obviously recycling and other efforts are a good idea, but those people who say we have to make dramatic changes right now or we'll all be suffering/dead in 5 years are just talking crap, and do more harm than good for their cause as people just don't want to hear it.

Philsutton
04-11-07, 10:25 AM
Its not a natural change

Its is............ fact.

mowgli
04-11-07, 10:27 AM
Oh boy, here we go again.

FACT Back in the seventies, when we only had three tv channels (and one of them only worked for 4 hours a day) all of the scientists were banging on that we should be in another iceage by now. At the same time, a man had invented a way of making clean wave powered electricity using floating barrages (salter's(?) Duck) which disappeared in a flurry of apathy, because we had a labour government & a powerful coal mining industry & the biggest coal fired power stations around..........

FACT. After successfully getting re-elected by invading a tiny Island nobody had heard of, Lady Thatcher set about ruining the major means of funding that Labour had, ie. the unions. Suddenly all of the emissions/pollution was now bad, so lets close the pits. Interesting side effect. Stopping the sulphur emissions caused things to warm up & now we get very little snow, but acid rain is no more.......

FACT. That bit in the paper about the kid in the sea on Nov 1st. the sea is as warm in the winter as in the summer on the south coast because of the gulf stream. (even the hippy bloke on Coast knew that)

I will admit that having worked outdoors for a long time that the heat of the sun has been getting stronger over the last couple of years.

Rob77
04-11-07, 11:40 PM
Phil, Jack... Those graphs are legendary!

Glad you managed to persuade Nasa to let you post them up on here!!!

Nick
05-11-07, 01:15 AM
The trees are the key.

smcgsi16v
05-11-07, 10:57 AM
Cows don't help either.

Riggy
05-11-07, 11:44 AM
another way to save the planet is by not wearing any deoderant, this dosnt create any CFC's and that in turn saves the "O-ZONE" layer :thumb:

paul james
05-11-07, 02:03 PM
Those people who really worry about the environment should just kill themselves, therefore reducing their "carbon footprint" to zero, and help ease over population.

Philsutton
05-11-07, 06:16 PM
if they died though the carbon in their bodies would make it back in the enviroment, disaster. And also lets prey that the smelly hippy enviromentalist dont find out that carbon is radioactive and has a halflife of 5700 years. They'd have a field day with that, not only are we producing highly dangerous carbon emissions but its radioactive (or some isotopes are )

Mike
05-11-07, 06:50 PM
Mikes theory on Global Warming.

After doing extensive reasearch, and taking a look at Jack's Graph (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=762347&postcount=15) i can see the problem here.

As detailed in Jack not so scientific sketch, you can clearly see the uprising of "chav's" , now with present re-population rates (increase of "a lot" daily, on a global scale) i can see that "a large figure" of said "lot" increased population will age to be said "chavs".

Couple this scientific caculation with the average amount of bell cheese (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bell+cheese) produced by the male population, and Egg Salad (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=egg+salad) produced by the female population. This results in a "whole load of nasty shizzle" that is, of course, rotting. Therefore giving off poisionous gases similiar to that of the smell of Anal leakage (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anal+leakage) we can clearly conect the effects of these dangerous gases to Global Warming (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=global+warming) because I said so.

Mike.

Philsutton
05-11-07, 06:55 PM
I agree the population of crusty chavs need to thinned out a little

mowgli
06-11-07, 08:04 PM
recycling paper actually reduces the need for trees, so it won't actually help save the planet..........

Alex
18-11-07, 08:53 PM
You guys need to check the history of the site. I have solved this problem already. Pirates are they key. You notice there are fewer pirates than there used to be? Also "global warming" is at an all time high? Conincidence?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/alexmachell/pirates.gif

Also this finall proves it. Andy (Wisewood) had his boss tuting to this one as he KNEW it was true:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/alexmachell/myplan.jpg

boyle_46
18-11-07, 09:06 PM
global warming is quite simply, bollocks

cannot agree with you more burgo lollollollollol

draper
18-11-07, 09:11 PM
well its snowing here so it cant be getting that funking warm !!