PDA

View Full Version : Topgear nova!

t45_ste
31-10-07, 11:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJUNI9lk0PA Anybody seen this before? ?500 for a sport!

Ste L
01-11-07, 12:04 AM
yes,ive seen it, got the dvd with it on

Timmy
01-11-07, 12:41 AM
why she keep yanging the hand brake??? she messed up twice, stuided tart

Welsh Dan
01-11-07, 12:46 AM
Because it was staged.

Ste L
01-11-07, 12:53 AM
Because it was staged.

exactly, jc's gonna loose in his own video, now is he

Spudly
01-11-07, 02:07 AM
Aww whyd she do it to a sport tho even if it did sound sexual lol, and to be fair if she had played less with the cornering assistance lever then she wouldnt have spun out lol!

Yes staged indeed!

lee coley
01-11-07, 07:08 AM
she is a very good driver so they say,i can remember watching that ages ago when i was a kid!

Steve
01-11-07, 10:19 AM
They should of put the std cars up against each other, I doubt a crappy 3.5 could beat a sport, then again im sure that would have been staged.

Had they have given the cars to two professional race drivers, i.e someone that wont stage the event, then we'd have seen the actual result.

Clarkson and his huge ego strikes again! lol

craig green
01-11-07, 10:30 AM
Yawn, repost!

VBH can drive, but her skills in a Nova are pretty poor tbh. They show the same manouvre about 5 times, her yoiking the handbrake & the car doing all manner of wierd. slidey understeering...

According to Courtenay (who built the sport) the Nova minced the Rover anyway... but they would say that!

t45_ste
01-11-07, 11:38 AM
Sorry didnt realise it was a repost.

dave.gsi
01-11-07, 08:08 PM
how good does that rover sound :D

bwraaammmm! lol

BenNova
02-11-07, 01:22 AM
to be honest, I dont belive the sport is the car they used for the 2ltr conversion. I read it somewhere that they converted a GTE instead.

Jim Mcrae
02-11-07, 10:41 AM
to be honest, I dont belive the sport is the car they used for the 2ltr conversion. I read it somewhere that they converted a GTE instead.

maybe, im not a tottal expert on the sport but i wouldnt expect it to have a sun roof

alan b
02-11-07, 11:54 AM
thats a britax sunroof, sticky ony job! ahh id shag her....! is that the same nova that was in total vauxhall years ago? looked exacly like that just with no stickers?

Lee
02-11-07, 01:05 PM
Aye, the two cars shown before the modifications weren't the cars you see at the end. The GTe grill gives it away. Also... 5k each? Erm, no, i dont think so lol. A COurtenay 2.0 conversion cost that easily back then, thats before you include the TB's and management, all the chassis work etc. Even the rover was seriously trick.

Still quality though, and JC totally deserved his lifetime achievement award the other night IMO.

And yes, VBH would get it from all angles lol

loggyboy
02-11-07, 01:07 PM
aye, It wasnt a sport, the car that she introduced was a B reg sport, the car that was raced was a C reg. i assume it was a car that Courtenay had already, probly made before the show was even filmed.

Lee
02-11-07, 01:13 PM
aye, It wasnt a sport, the car that she introduced was a B reg sport, the car that was raced was a C reg. i assume it was a car that Courtenay had already, probly made before the show was even filmed.

Nah, it was built for the DVD, and some small bits of the build were filmed (as you can see throughout the segment) but they were actually finished when VBH and JC did their introductions with the Sport / SD1.

One day ill get Mark Watts drunk enough to hand over her phone number lol

ashjones
02-11-07, 06:35 PM
maybe, im not a tottal expert on the sport but i wouldnt expect it to have a sun roof

excatly what i thought but me know expert either

Jack
02-11-07, 07:46 PM
Depends if the base model had a sunroof, not sure if it was an option on poverty spec models.

loggyboy
05-11-07, 02:01 AM
C318 YRW, was the car, and its still around, DVLA states tax runs out sept 08

craig green
05-11-07, 09:57 AM

It would have been a dealer fit option or even fitted at a Halfords or similar. :roll:

Apparently the engine was sold by John at Courtenay as he always intended toi return the car to its original smallblock deignation but ended up letting the buyer have the shell to at a later date.

Ben
05-11-07, 05:11 PM
I owned them harness's for a while lol.

GSI_STE
05-11-07, 05:46 PM
Pitty vicki was driveing it she was always sideways:confused: