PDA

View Full Version : Knocking when going round a corner???

pukka-novasr
25-06-02, 06:23 PM
The other day i was goin round a round about, then i decided to boot it, as i went round there was a funny knockin like tuk tuk tuk tuk it sounded like the momentum of the wheels, it only does it when i bout it round a round about or corner, im sure it does it when i boot it when i go left too. Bin full lock and gone in a circle to c if i can hear anyknockin ie c.v joints but dont fink it does anyfing, only does it when im bootin it and turnin like its puttin strain on sumin any ideas on wat it could be, ive moved the driveshafts they seem to move in and out and up and down a bit is it meant to do tis? wat can tis noise be as it never used to do tis im sure of it :?: :|

Stuart
25-06-02, 07:30 PM
probablly the wheel bearing, mine only makes a noise at speeds about 45 on right handers

barnes
26-06-02, 01:12 AM
ball joint worn???/ ie in the hub where the actually bit of the ball joint slots into ans the pinch bolt goes through. i wore the hole out slightly bigger and the ball joint ws knocking in it every time i booted it

honestly from ur first post sounds like a cv joint though. check the rubbers are on and there is grease in em first.

checked ur wheel nuts???