PDA

View Full Version : xe nova manifold

Nazza's Nova
31-10-07, 11:02 AM
when i bought my redtop i got the standard manifold think its off a astra gsi is there any way i can shorten it to fit my nova exhaust system? also how can i tell if my engine runs a lambda sensor or not because on the loom a carnt find a plug spare

alan b
31-10-07, 12:23 PM
the lambda plug goes down behaind the inlet so if its not on the loom you dont have one, you will need to cut the manifold to fit anyone with a welder could do it oh and if your manifold had a lamba bung then just either weld it up or get an astra gte one

Nazza's Nova
01-11-07, 09:48 AM
cheers i put all my wiring loom on the engine as a trial before it goes in the car and the only wires that go down the back of the inlet is 1 for the oil canister notr sure what u call it lol also theres another wire the colours are brown/black stripe and brown/white stripe, its a two pin plug but its broke, im also missing a plug from the vacuum thats bolted on the right side of the inlet as u look at it im slightly confuzed

alan b
01-11-07, 01:16 PM
that plug at the side of the inlet is for a tank vent sensor ull need that connected or itl read a vault! wheres the other two pin plug thats broke located?

Nazza's Nova
02-11-07, 01:19 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/naz_040/Photo-0045.jpg

Nazza's Nova
02-11-07, 01:20 PM
its at the bottom of the engine on the back near the oil sensor

Nazza's Nova
05-11-07, 09:19 AM
ive had a look at a lambda sensor and there a 3 wire connection so my spare with must'nt be for a lambda the only other sensor on my block is the air tank sensor or fuel tank sensor located on the right had side of the inlet which is a 2 pin connection, please help

alan b
05-11-07, 11:40 AM
you have the plug onto the big air valve hanging off the inlet at the back ya?

Nazza's Nova
06-11-07, 10:53 AM
yeah ive got that plugged in, its just that one above thats spare and its on a 2pin plug ill get a picture of the other electronic gadget that doesnt have a plug on it maybe that will help