PDA

View Full Version : astra sport

Matt Finary
25-06-02, 10:52 AM
will an astra sport engine and box drop in the same as a corsa?
and what is the bhp and torque?

thanks

:D

cornish
25-06-02, 11:43 AM
I don't think so mate as it is a big block engine so needs all the modifications associated with the 2L 16V conversion - different mount positions, driveshafts etc..

Is it a 1.8L 16V as i'm not sure off hand? Probably about 130bhp i would have thought?

HTH :)

Edit: Just thought, if its the 1.6 16V Mk4 Astra Sport engine then it will go in fine as it is pretty much the same engine as the Corsa GSi 16V engine.

Dicko
25-06-02, 12:21 PM
yup very similar engine with a different engine code. same to fit as a corsa engine, but u cant use the astra downpipe...

Ben (lurk75)
25-06-02, 05:55 PM
Yes it will fit as am doing the conversion at the moment. The 1600 16v use the same block as the old 1400 sr nova engines. The only complications are the downpipe and the engine management, if you buy the engine with the ecu MAKE SURE you get the key and reciever for the key or else it wont go nowhere. A guy i know done it with the Vectra version and had major complications witht the hydrulic clutch. It will be very tight in the engine bay though and is gonna make maintenance a pain in the arse.