PDA

View Full Version : electric window trouble

bola
29-10-07, 09:19 PM
I have just put the central locking and electric window loom into my car, plugged it in the fusebox, earthed it etc.. before i plug my electric windows in the c/l works fine. But when i plug the e/w in it stops working, how do i stop this? Also does anybody have any pics of where the e/w motors are rivetted into the doors as mine don't seem to fit right :wtf:, thanks

bosscav
29-10-07, 09:48 PM
are they sharing the same 12v feed or anything?

Clean 2.0 nova
30-10-07, 06:20 PM
Just by plugging the motors in it stops working? Is this with ignition off?
Have you earthed the brown wires, and plugged the red wire (permanent 12V for C.L.) and black wire (switched +12V for e/w) into the sockets on the fuse box?

I'm afraid were going to need to narrow this one down in order to diagnose fault.

bola
31-10-07, 07:17 PM
Right ive had a fiddle about with the wires now and when the e/w motors are plugged in the c/l works. But the e/w dont & have never worked is this because where i have plugged the c/l fuse thing there is a red wire going to it but where i have plugged my e/w fuse thing there is no wires going to that? What wire do i have to put in the back of this? Ill put a pic up to explain better!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/bolabola/My%20nova/DSC00317.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/bolabola/My%20nova/DSC00315.jpg
Also where do the e/w motors mount in the doors? A pic would be great!

Clean 2.0 nova
31-10-07, 07:52 PM
where i have plugged the c/l fuse thing there is a red wire going to it but where i have plugged my e/w fuse thing there is no wires going to that? What wire do i have to put in the back of this? Ill put a pic up to explain better!

Also where do the e/w motors mount in the doors? A pic would be great!

You should have a switched +12v supply to the black wire on the loom for e/w). By your photo you have this plugged in correctly and if it has the fuse in right you should be away. Have you tested for voltage?

E/w motors should be fitted as a full regulator mechanism and as such is a direct replacement of your old mechanical regulator. Drill the rivets out and pop-rivet the new one in.

bola
01-11-07, 07:22 PM
where abouts does the fuse go? I have drilled the old mechanisms out and can see the holes for the new e/w motors to go into but it doesn't seem to fit is this because the e/w arms are bent and the others i had were straight? thanks

Clean 2.0 nova
01-11-07, 07:35 PM
F11 is 30A for e/w. Your new mechanisms / regulators should fasten in the same four holes as the other one came out. You have got LHS and RHS the right way round? Sorry don't have any photos to show.

bola
02-11-07, 08:50 PM
yea i have mate they only fit one way. There isn't any fuse holder in f11 mate, so what do i do now? The wiring going to the c/l (in the back of the fusebox) also powers the led light for my alarm so it this why the e/w wont work as when i turn the key in the ignition the light goes off so does that mean there is no power to the e/w?

Clean 2.0 nova
02-11-07, 09:09 PM
Sounds like its been doctored at some point or an old model perhaps that doesn't fascilitate all the wiring. You will need to pick up heavy sized black running to the fusebox, run it via a fuse and then connect it to your black wire on your e/w loom.

bola
03-11-07, 10:33 PM
You will need to pick up heavy sized black running to the fusebox, run it via a fuse and then connect it to your black wire on your e/w loom.
What do i need to connect to the black wire on my e/w loom?

Clean 2.0 nova
04-11-07, 12:16 PM
You may need to cut off the special connector on the black wire of the e/w loom if there is nothing on the other side of where it plugs into on the fusebox. Wire this to your new fuse then to a big black wire that I'm sure you will have feeding various other fuses on your fusebox. Maybe ask someone to do this for you if your still having problems as it's a simple job for an autoelectrician / someone familier with electrics.
Iain