PDA

View Full Version : how much nitrous ;)

nova junky
29-10-07, 04:56 PM
hello guys just signed up . need some help i have an xe nova with r1 bike carbs, 286 matched cams , double valve springs, new lifters valves etc etc , just need to no how much nitrous i can feed lol into the engine on standard internals, ill be havin 4 jets 1 for each carb cheers guys :thumb:

tom_beverley
29-10-07, 05:04 PM
Depends how long you want it to last :confused: lol

nova junky
29-10-07, 05:10 PM
well i spoke to chip from total vauxhall an he says xes love nitrous . mostly for 1/4 miles and the odd dual caridge way race lol

tom_beverley
29-10-07, 05:18 PM
Chip will be the man to tell you in detail.

Has the engine been rebuilt recently, how many miles ect will determine just 'how much' nitrous you can safely throw down her. Tbh I wouldn't be looking at any more than 50-100bhp if not recently rebuilt but I'm no expert.

Philsutton
29-10-07, 06:00 PM
^^ have a look at 12 second car for under ?500 in the projects page. People have ran about 150bhp on standard ones before. They do seem to go well tbh with nitrous as long as its fitted right. About 300bhp standard seems to be about right. After that things start breaking lol

Stuart
29-10-07, 06:27 PM
in order to go over 75bhp you REALLY need a progresive controller otherwise you are highly likely to lunch the engine with the shock of a huge dollop of nitrous going in.

goto vauxsport and ask chip there.