PDA

View Full Version : FAO nova_ste and your 'friend' Joe from Blackburn

tom_beverley
29-10-07, 09:01 AM
After you kindly informed me that your 'friend' Joe had a T40 inlet for sale, I sent him the cheque which CLEARED OVER 4 MONTHS AGO. After a couple of months I sent you (nova_ste) numerous PM's which to be fair, in reply, you kindly offered to get the inlet from Joe and post it yourself. So I thought great, its late but at least its on it way now, sorted.

Still no sign of it, and this was a couple of months ago now. :mad:

So after numerous ignored PM's and phonecalls I've reluctantly had to go down this route of the naming and shaming. If any one else is in the process of buying something from these dodgy f*ckers then DON'T BOTHER as they are as much use as a chocolate kettle.

All I'm asking is for you to get your scrauny fingers out of your backsides and either send me the T40 inlet manifold or return my money.

L33 LEG
29-10-07, 10:38 AM
i dont know the guy but surely the guy to 'shame' is joe, and not nova_ste as youdidnt technically do business with him.

did you not get any useful info off him before sending the money, ie. home tel and adress? if so, maybe its worth a phonecall or a visit.

stll tho, sounds like scum to me and its a shame that people like this makes less and less people everyday trade on online forums :(

tom_beverley
29-10-07, 12:08 PM
True, however, nova_ste assured me he had acquired the manifold off his friend and sent it me, but still no cigar :mad:

I've got a phone number for Joe but he never answers except from the other day in which he gave me a bogus number for nova_ste, who is no longer answering my PM's. I have got the address still of where I posted the cheque and yes, a 'visit' has crossed my mind as well as informing the CAB and I'm sure it will end up going to a small claims court.

s14a
29-10-07, 12:15 PM
the amount of people on hear that rob people is unreal

L33 LEG
29-10-07, 12:28 PM
pm me his street if you want, il see if he lives in a rough area or not and let you know if its safe to go down Lol

L33 LEG
29-10-07, 12:28 PM

same on most forums unfourtantly :(

tom_beverley
29-10-07, 12:33 PM
Pm'd

Stuart
29-10-07, 02:04 PM

to be fair its still the minoroty.. unlike ebay and the likes.

With user awareness weve overted another known scam artist from ripping more folks off, and hopefully other vigilant users will spot shady looking characters and report it ASAP.

Nick
29-10-07, 04:13 PM
I don't think i'd buy anything from a non-respected member.

However, when i last did, i still got dodgy goods.

raymond
29-10-07, 04:42 PM
ill try and chase this up for you mate but not promising anything :thumb:

dave.gsi
29-10-07, 05:19 PM
if you've got his address just go and knock on his door.

you'll probably find his mum will answer. you dont have to be all hard saying you're gonna cave his head in, just ask politely and if he's not in then wait till he is.

mostly, people who rip people off on the internet are little tits who hide behind their keyboards. face to face they wont be the same.

carls nova sri
29-10-07, 05:38 PM
why do people even bother selling things if they don't want to get rid of

NovaLad
29-10-07, 05:39 PM
Lol wtf ^^

shy witness
29-10-07, 06:40 PM
ive only ever bought items off 2 people on this forum..............and i have to say both sellers were 100%

i bought a set of sr clocks.....and the guy didnt even wait for the cheque to clear before he sent me them.........1st class

i got a spoiler off another guy.........and it was all well packaged ....and sent to me within a week of sending the cheque

so its a bit horrible when i read threads like this.............as it maybe makes people secong guess about buying other items

tom reid
29-10-07, 09:09 PM
Tom, don't bother with the visit, it could get messy and you don't want to up in court, go straight to the small claims site, fill out the forms and send them to him with a note saying, goods or money back, or else!
Hope you get it sorted soon.

Kinky Monza
30-10-07, 03:16 PM
Seems like there's a few people around that think it's funny to take the piss when they have the parts they've sold and they was paid nigh on a year ago!

NovaLad
30-10-07, 03:21 PM
I have bought off loads of people on here and never had a problem with any of them allthough i wouldn't buy something off a member that wasn't well known with a very low post count or not.

Kinky Monza
30-10-07, 03:24 PM
I bought some stuff off someone on here that's fairly well known back in feb, and i'm still waiting for money back!

So not everyone can be trusted!

L33 LEG
30-10-07, 03:27 PM
this is why i always collect. it may cost loads in petty sometimes but at least its a guaranteed way of getting the goods.

Kinky Monza
30-10-07, 03:31 PM
I did collect, but at the time the other parts i bought wasn't at this persons house, i had his word back then he'd get them to me that week, now i'm STILL waiting!

Stuart
30-10-07, 04:09 PM
someone is still waiting for a parcel I said I'd post it to him in jan/feb time... meh. No money is exchanged and its now a running joke :D

Kinky Monza
30-10-07, 04:18 PM
lol

greg1.4
30-10-07, 09:29 PM
i feel the same as shy witness.. i have bought alot of stuff from here and most of the time it has been good. only once i was not too happy with the item i recieved..but it was cheap and it appeared so not too worry.

i am wary of sending cheque's etc to people on here/any forums as you dont know if they even have the item (thats why i always try and get pics) or if they will send it..

i hope the buyer/seller feedback thing is going to help, and let us know who the decent,reliable guys are and are not if you like.

Greg

Steve
31-10-07, 01:46 AM
I 'bought' an f13 cr gearbox off hear a while back from some tosser in wales called hurcombe_nova, I say 'bought' as in I paid for it but the tosser never delivered, its a lesson for us all though, DTA - dont trust anyone you dont know on here, or anywhere for that matter, at least with ebay you're covered with a contract etc..